Aug 15, 2012, 11:17 PM EDT
There’s no word yet on whether or not the deal carries any kind of no-trade clause.
Simmonds has one year remaining on his current deal, which carries a $1.75 million annual cap hit.
The former Los Angeles Kings forward had a breakthrough season after being a part of the Mike Richards trade, setting career-highs in goals (28) and points (49).
Simmonds had a solid showing the playoffs as well, scoring six points in 11 postseason contests while collecting 38 penalty minutes.
That combination of grit and solid skill made him popular pretty quickly in Philadelphia. From the look of things, they intend to keep him around for a long time.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)