Aug 15, 2012, 11:17 PM EDT
There’s no word yet on whether or not the deal carries any kind of no-trade clause.
Simmonds has one year remaining on his current deal, which carries a $1.75 million annual cap hit.
The former Los Angeles Kings forward had a breakthrough season after being a part of the Mike Richards trade, setting career-highs in goals (28) and points (49).
Simmonds had a solid showing the playoffs as well, scoring six points in 11 postseason contests while collecting 38 penalty minutes.
That combination of grit and solid skill made him popular pretty quickly in Philadelphia. From the look of things, they intend to keep him around for a long time.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)