Aug 15, 2012, 8:22 PM EDT
Fluto Shinzawa reports that former Boston Bruins first-round pick Matt Lashoff is now playing hockey with the Zurich Lions in Switzerland.
Lashoff isn’t the only noteworthy ex-NHLer involved with the team, either.
Shinzawa points out that Ryan Shannon is also on the team and earlier this summer we learned that Marc Crawford is coaching the team.
Shannon discussed the level of competition in Switzerland with Shinzawa.
“It’s different. It’s tough to compare,” Shannon said. “Players, for the most part, are in incredible shape. They take care of themselves. They’re very fast, very skilled. They play the game at a really fast level. The ice is bigger. It seems like the game slows down a little bit. There’s more playmaking involved.”
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 3
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 10
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)