Aug 15, 2012, 8:22 PM EST
Fluto Shinzawa reports that former Boston Bruins first-round pick Matt Lashoff is now playing hockey with the Zurich Lions in Switzerland.
Lashoff isn’t the only noteworthy ex-NHLer involved with the team, either.
Shinzawa points out that Ryan Shannon is also on the team and earlier this summer we learned that Marc Crawford is coaching the team.
Shannon discussed the level of competition in Switzerland with Shinzawa.
“It’s different. It’s tough to compare,” Shannon said. “Players, for the most part, are in incredible shape. They take care of themselves. They’re very fast, very skilled. They play the game at a really fast level. The ice is bigger. It seems like the game slows down a little bit. There’s more playmaking involved.”
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 0
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 8
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 10
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 21
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)