Aug 15, 2012, 8:22 PM EDT
Fluto Shinzawa reports that former Boston Bruins first-round pick Matt Lashoff is now playing hockey with the Zurich Lions in Switzerland.
Lashoff isn’t the only noteworthy ex-NHLer involved with the team, either.
Shinzawa points out that Ryan Shannon is also on the team and earlier this summer we learned that Marc Crawford is coaching the team.
Shannon discussed the level of competition in Switzerland with Shinzawa.
“It’s different. It’s tough to compare,” Shannon said. “Players, for the most part, are in incredible shape. They take care of themselves. They’re very fast, very skilled. They play the game at a really fast level. The ice is bigger. It seems like the game slows down a little bit. There’s more playmaking involved.”
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 1
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 21
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)