Aug 15, 2012, 8:22 PM EDT
Fluto Shinzawa reports that former Boston Bruins first-round pick Matt Lashoff is now playing hockey with the Zurich Lions in Switzerland.
Lashoff isn’t the only noteworthy ex-NHLer involved with the team, either.
Shinzawa points out that Ryan Shannon is also on the team and earlier this summer we learned that Marc Crawford is coaching the team.
Shannon discussed the level of competition in Switzerland with Shinzawa.
“It’s different. It’s tough to compare,” Shannon said. “Players, for the most part, are in incredible shape. They take care of themselves. They’re very fast, very skilled. They play the game at a really fast level. The ice is bigger. It seems like the game slows down a little bit. There’s more playmaking involved.”
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 10
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 14
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (95)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)