Aug 15, 2012, 8:22 PM EDT
Fluto Shinzawa reports that former Boston Bruins first-round pick Matt Lashoff is now playing hockey with the Zurich Lions in Switzerland.
Lashoff isn’t the only noteworthy ex-NHLer involved with the team, either.
Shinzawa points out that Ryan Shannon is also on the team and earlier this summer we learned that Marc Crawford is coaching the team.
Shannon discussed the level of competition in Switzerland with Shinzawa.
“It’s different. It’s tough to compare,” Shannon said. “Players, for the most part, are in incredible shape. They take care of themselves. They’re very fast, very skilled. They play the game at a really fast level. The ice is bigger. It seems like the game slows down a little bit. There’s more playmaking involved.”
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20