Aug 15, 2012, 5:39 PM EDT
Considering the notion that the NHL and its players are worlds apart when it comes to CBA talks, some might be disappointed that Donald Fehr told Dan Rosen the next “economic negotiating session” won’t take place until Aug. 22.
That doesn’t necessarily mean that the two sides refuse to speak until then.
Rosen reports that the NHLPA will hold a “sub-committee meeting” as well on Thursday.
In other words, the two sides are likely to continue working on things, but we might not hear many updates until next week.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47