Aug 14, 2012, 8:04 PM EDT
A hip injury and eventual surgery sidelined Steve Begin, but if he has his way, that issue won’t end his career.
Renaud P. Lavoie reports that the Calgary Flames will allow the gritty forward to tryout in hopes of making the team next season.
Steve Bégin get a try out with the Flames. He had a hip surgery this winter and met the doctors in Nashville yesterday. Got the green light.—
Renaud P Lavoie (@RenLavoieRDS) August 14, 2012
Begin missed all of the 2011-12 season and only managed to play two games for the Nashville Predators in 2010-11.
The 34-year-old grinder has played 488 NHL games, collecting exactly 100 points and 539 penalty minutes during 14 abbreviated seasons of work.
He set a career-high by playing 77 games with the Boston Bruins in 2009-10, only the second time in his career he exceeded 70 games played.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)