Aug 14, 2012, 7:41 PM EDT
It would cost the Red Wings considerably to acquire him. But Yandle, who turns 26 next month, is far more worthy of it than Bouwmeester.
The Red Wings have inquired about Yandle. But what complicates their pursuit is the perilous ownership situation in Phoenix.
(Krupa goes on to discuss the possibility of Coyotes players becoming available through a “dispersal draft,” but we’ll just move on from that subject.)
Here’s a quick-and-dirty breakdown of what the two defensemen bring to the table:
Yandle – 25 years old, cap hit: $5.25 million through 2015-16, 43 points in 2011-12
Bouwmeester – 28 years old, cap hit: $6.68M through 2013-14, 29 points in 2011-12
Of course, their respective teams might require different assets in a trade, but the Red Wings at least have options to fill the gaping holes in their defense.
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 0
- Kronwalled: Red Wings D levels Lightning’s Kucherov 16
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)