Aug 14, 2012, 7:41 PM EDT
It would cost the Red Wings considerably to acquire him. But Yandle, who turns 26 next month, is far more worthy of it than Bouwmeester.
The Red Wings have inquired about Yandle. But what complicates their pursuit is the perilous ownership situation in Phoenix.
(Krupa goes on to discuss the possibility of Coyotes players becoming available through a “dispersal draft,” but we’ll just move on from that subject.)
Here’s a quick-and-dirty breakdown of what the two defensemen bring to the table:
Yandle – 25 years old, cap hit: $5.25 million through 2015-16, 43 points in 2011-12
Bouwmeester – 28 years old, cap hit: $6.68M through 2013-14, 29 points in 2011-12
Of course, their respective teams might require different assets in a trade, but the Red Wings at least have options to fill the gaping holes in their defense.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 0
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 1
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 9
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 33
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)