Aug 14, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
The stars are out for one of the biggest meetings of the summer.
That’s the word from Toronto on Tuesday as the NHL and NHLPA met to discuss the PA’s first proposal in the latest round of CBA negotiations.
According to Chris Johnston of the Canadian Press, 23 players attended the meeting, during which NHLPA Donald Fehr said his side would “put forth an alternative view as to what we should do next,” with regards to a labor agreement.
If the attendees were any indication, the NHLPA wanted star power present.
Others attendees included Craig Adams, Josh Bailey, Tim Brent, Chris Campoli, Mathieu Darche, Steve Downie, Rick DiPietro, Sam Gagner, Steve Montador, Chris Phillips, Kyle Quincey, James Reimer, Matt Stajan, Mike Weaver, Daniel Winnik and Wojtek Wolski.
The NHLPA has tweeted that over 200 players have reviewed the proposal over the last 48 hours.
We’ll have more throughout the day as meetings continue and details come forth.
(Image courtesy NHLPA)
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming