Aug 14, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
The stars are out for one of the biggest meetings of the summer.
That’s the word from Toronto on Tuesday as the NHL and NHLPA met to discuss the PA’s first proposal in the latest round of CBA negotiations.
According to Chris Johnston of the Canadian Press, 23 players attended the meeting, during which NHLPA Donald Fehr said his side would “put forth an alternative view as to what we should do next,” with regards to a labor agreement.
If the attendees were any indication, the NHLPA wanted star power present.
Others attendees included Craig Adams, Josh Bailey, Tim Brent, Chris Campoli, Mathieu Darche, Steve Downie, Rick DiPietro, Sam Gagner, Steve Montador, Chris Phillips, Kyle Quincey, James Reimer, Matt Stajan, Mike Weaver, Daniel Winnik and Wojtek Wolski.
The NHLPA has tweeted that over 200 players have reviewed the proposal over the last 48 hours.
We’ll have more throughout the day as meetings continue and details come forth.
(Image courtesy NHLPA)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)