Aug 14, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
The stars are out for one of the biggest meetings of the summer.
That’s the word from Toronto on Tuesday as the NHL and NHLPA met to discuss the PA’s first proposal in the latest round of CBA negotiations.
According to Chris Johnston of the Canadian Press, 23 players attended the meeting, during which NHLPA Donald Fehr said his side would “put forth an alternative view as to what we should do next,” with regards to a labor agreement.
If the attendees were any indication, the NHLPA wanted star power present.
Others attendees included Craig Adams, Josh Bailey, Tim Brent, Chris Campoli, Mathieu Darche, Steve Downie, Rick DiPietro, Sam Gagner, Steve Montador, Chris Phillips, Kyle Quincey, James Reimer, Matt Stajan, Mike Weaver, Daniel Winnik and Wojtek Wolski.
The NHLPA has tweeted that over 200 players have reviewed the proposal over the last 48 hours.
We’ll have more throughout the day as meetings continue and details come forth.
(Image courtesy NHLPA)
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 0
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 2
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 33
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)