Aug 14, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
The stars are out for one of the biggest meetings of the summer.
That’s the word from Toronto on Tuesday as the NHL and NHLPA met to discuss the PA’s first proposal in the latest round of CBA negotiations.
According to Chris Johnston of the Canadian Press, 23 players attended the meeting, during which NHLPA Donald Fehr said his side would “put forth an alternative view as to what we should do next,” with regards to a labor agreement.
If the attendees were any indication, the NHLPA wanted star power present.
Others attendees included Craig Adams, Josh Bailey, Tim Brent, Chris Campoli, Mathieu Darche, Steve Downie, Rick DiPietro, Sam Gagner, Steve Montador, Chris Phillips, Kyle Quincey, James Reimer, Matt Stajan, Mike Weaver, Daniel Winnik and Wojtek Wolski.
The NHLPA has tweeted that over 200 players have reviewed the proposal over the last 48 hours.
We’ll have more throughout the day as meetings continue and details come forth.
(Image courtesy NHLPA)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 78
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50