Aug 14, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
The stars are out for one of the biggest meetings of the summer.
That’s the word from Toronto on Tuesday as the NHL and NHLPA met to discuss the PA’s first proposal in the latest round of CBA negotiations.
According to Chris Johnston of the Canadian Press, 23 players attended the meeting, during which NHLPA Donald Fehr said his side would “put forth an alternative view as to what we should do next,” with regards to a labor agreement.
If the attendees were any indication, the NHLPA wanted star power present.
Others attendees included Craig Adams, Josh Bailey, Tim Brent, Chris Campoli, Mathieu Darche, Steve Downie, Rick DiPietro, Sam Gagner, Steve Montador, Chris Phillips, Kyle Quincey, James Reimer, Matt Stajan, Mike Weaver, Daniel Winnik and Wojtek Wolski.
The NHLPA has tweeted that over 200 players have reviewed the proposal over the last 48 hours.
We’ll have more throughout the day as meetings continue and details come forth.
(Image courtesy NHLPA)
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 6
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)