Aug 13, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
Another day of labor meetings have concluded, this time in Toronto, and NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr is ready to share the players’ view of things tomorrow as The Canadian Press shares.
Fehr says they have an “alternative view” of how they see the NHL’s current economic world. Michael Grange of Sportsnet hears it from Fehr and he’s careful not to call it a counter-proposal.
“Some people interpret a counter proposal to be ‘this is within the framework of what the other guy said’ — It just moves some things around,” Fehr said after a two-hour bargaining session in Toronto Monday. “This is a different kind of an approach. It’s how the players see the world.”
Meanwhile, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman says he’s “very interested” to hear what the players’ proposal is all about. We should find out in the next day or two just how bad off the situation between the two sides actually is. Buckle up.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9