Aug 13, 2012, 4:47 PM EST
Another day of labor meetings have concluded, this time in Toronto, and NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr is ready to share the players’ view of things tomorrow as The Canadian Press shares.
Fehr says they have an “alternative view” of how they see the NHL’s current economic world. Michael Grange of Sportsnet hears it from Fehr and he’s careful not to call it a counter-proposal.
“Some people interpret a counter proposal to be ‘this is within the framework of what the other guy said’ — It just moves some things around,” Fehr said after a two-hour bargaining session in Toronto Monday. “This is a different kind of an approach. It’s how the players see the world.”
Meanwhile, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman says he’s “very interested” to hear what the players’ proposal is all about. We should find out in the next day or two just how bad off the situation between the two sides actually is. Buckle up.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 7
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)