Aug 13, 2012, 8:21 PM EDT
New GM Marc Bergevin’s made some significant moves in his short time with the Montreal Canadiens, but he still needs to re-sign restricted free agent P.K. Subban.
The flashy defenseman told Dan Rosen that he’s not worried about parting ways with the franchise, though.
“I grew up a Montreal Canadiens fan. I love playing there and I want to play there for the rest of my career,” Subban said. “When it’s going to happen I’m not sure. I mean, it could happen next week; it could happen a couple of weeks from now. I just hope it gets done sooner than later … I don’t think there is any doubt in anybody’s mind that I want to be a Montreal Canadien, so hopefully it gets done soon.”
Subban faced some ups and downs in his sophomore season, yet he still proved to be a centerpiece to the Habs’ defense.
At least one report stated that he turned down a two-year, $5.5 million offer. Aside from that rumor, not much is known about their negotiations.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5