Aug 13, 2012, 8:21 PM EDT
New GM Marc Bergevin’s made some significant moves in his short time with the Montreal Canadiens, but he still needs to re-sign restricted free agent P.K. Subban.
The flashy defenseman told Dan Rosen that he’s not worried about parting ways with the franchise, though.
“I grew up a Montreal Canadiens fan. I love playing there and I want to play there for the rest of my career,” Subban said. “When it’s going to happen I’m not sure. I mean, it could happen next week; it could happen a couple of weeks from now. I just hope it gets done sooner than later … I don’t think there is any doubt in anybody’s mind that I want to be a Montreal Canadien, so hopefully it gets done soon.”
Subban faced some ups and downs in his sophomore season, yet he still proved to be a centerpiece to the Habs’ defense.
At least one report stated that he turned down a two-year, $5.5 million offer. Aside from that rumor, not much is known about their negotiations.
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 0
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 0
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 8
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)