Aug 13, 2012, 8:21 PM EDT
New GM Marc Bergevin’s made some significant moves in his short time with the Montreal Canadiens, but he still needs to re-sign restricted free agent P.K. Subban.
The flashy defenseman told Dan Rosen that he’s not worried about parting ways with the franchise, though.
“I grew up a Montreal Canadiens fan. I love playing there and I want to play there for the rest of my career,” Subban said. “When it’s going to happen I’m not sure. I mean, it could happen next week; it could happen a couple of weeks from now. I just hope it gets done sooner than later … I don’t think there is any doubt in anybody’s mind that I want to be a Montreal Canadien, so hopefully it gets done soon.”
Subban faced some ups and downs in his sophomore season, yet he still proved to be a centerpiece to the Habs’ defense.
At least one report stated that he turned down a two-year, $5.5 million offer. Aside from that rumor, not much is known about their negotiations.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 0
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 7
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 78
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)