Aug 13, 2012, 8:21 PM EDT
New GM Marc Bergevin’s made some significant moves in his short time with the Montreal Canadiens, but he still needs to re-sign restricted free agent P.K. Subban.
The flashy defenseman told Dan Rosen that he’s not worried about parting ways with the franchise, though.
“I grew up a Montreal Canadiens fan. I love playing there and I want to play there for the rest of my career,” Subban said. “When it’s going to happen I’m not sure. I mean, it could happen next week; it could happen a couple of weeks from now. I just hope it gets done sooner than later … I don’t think there is any doubt in anybody’s mind that I want to be a Montreal Canadien, so hopefully it gets done soon.”
Subban faced some ups and downs in his sophomore season, yet he still proved to be a centerpiece to the Habs’ defense.
At least one report stated that he turned down a two-year, $5.5 million offer. Aside from that rumor, not much is known about their negotiations.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21