Aug 13, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
So who might that be? Let’s take a look at the most likely candidates.
Vinny Prospal – The veteran forward was neck-and-neck with Nash most of last season before falling five points behind for the team lead.
Brandon Dubinsky – He’s arguably the gem of the trade that sent Nash to New York; could a resurgence be in order?
Ryan Johansen – Could the team’s hottest offensive prospect be primed for a big leap?
Derick Brassard – Another Columbus first-rounder with a lot of room for improvement (and solid potential).
James Wisniewski or Jack Johnson – The Blue Jackets sport two defensemen who could be described as offensive catalysts. It’s far from unprecedented for a blueliner to lead a low-scoring team in points.
Artem Anisimov – Gun salutes seem like a natural fit for a franchise that fires a cannon after goals, right?
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 11
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 10
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 25
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 55
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)