Aug 13, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
So who might that be? Let’s take a look at the most likely candidates.
Vinny Prospal – The veteran forward was neck-and-neck with Nash most of last season before falling five points behind for the team lead.
Brandon Dubinsky – He’s arguably the gem of the trade that sent Nash to New York; could a resurgence be in order?
Ryan Johansen – Could the team’s hottest offensive prospect be primed for a big leap?
Derick Brassard – Another Columbus first-rounder with a lot of room for improvement (and solid potential).
James Wisniewski or Jack Johnson – The Blue Jackets sport two defensemen who could be described as offensive catalysts. It’s far from unprecedented for a blueliner to lead a low-scoring team in points.
Artem Anisimov – Gun salutes seem like a natural fit for a franchise that fires a cannon after goals, right?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)