Aug 13, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
So who might that be? Let’s take a look at the most likely candidates.
Vinny Prospal – The veteran forward was neck-and-neck with Nash most of last season before falling five points behind for the team lead.
Brandon Dubinsky – He’s arguably the gem of the trade that sent Nash to New York; could a resurgence be in order?
Ryan Johansen – Could the team’s hottest offensive prospect be primed for a big leap?
Derick Brassard – Another Columbus first-rounder with a lot of room for improvement (and solid potential).
James Wisniewski or Jack Johnson – The Blue Jackets sport two defensemen who could be described as offensive catalysts. It’s far from unprecedented for a blueliner to lead a low-scoring team in points.
Artem Anisimov – Gun salutes seem like a natural fit for a franchise that fires a cannon after goals, right?
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)