Aug 13, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
The Canucks took care of a little business today getting 2012 first-round pick Brendan Gaunce locked into his three-year entry-level deal.
Gaunce is a 6’2″ 205 pound centerman who had a breakout season with the Belleville Bulls of the OHL last season. He scored 28 goals and added 40 assists for the Bulls last season putting him on the map as a top prospect. The Canucks locked him up with the 26th overall pick in the draft.
Chances are most likely he’ll spend another year or two in Belleville before getting a longer look in Vancouver. Having guys like Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kesler at center help bottle things up a bit for younger guys, just ask Cody Hodgson.
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 0
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 24
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)