Aug 13, 2012, 4:14 PM EST
The Canucks took care of a little business today getting 2012 first-round pick Brendan Gaunce locked into his three-year entry-level deal.
Gaunce is a 6’2″ 205 pound centerman who had a breakout season with the Belleville Bulls of the OHL last season. He scored 28 goals and added 40 assists for the Bulls last season putting him on the map as a top prospect. The Canucks locked him up with the 26th overall pick in the draft.
Chances are most likely he’ll spend another year or two in Belleville before getting a longer look in Vancouver. Having guys like Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kesler at center help bottle things up a bit for younger guys, just ask Cody Hodgson.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 15
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)