Aug 13, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT
The Canucks took care of a little business today getting 2012 first-round pick Brendan Gaunce locked into his three-year entry-level deal.
Gaunce is a 6’2″ 205 pound centerman who had a breakout season with the Belleville Bulls of the OHL last season. He scored 28 goals and added 40 assists for the Bulls last season putting him on the map as a top prospect. The Canucks locked him up with the 26th overall pick in the draft.
Chances are most likely he’ll spend another year or two in Belleville before getting a longer look in Vancouver. Having guys like Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kesler at center help bottle things up a bit for younger guys, just ask Cody Hodgson.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)