Aug 12, 2012, 5:48 PM EST
Every professional sports team must deal with the rigors of travel, but the Nashville Predators might face some extra headaches next season.
Duane Marsteller reports that Swift Air LLC, the company the Predators uses, is dealing with “financial and legal problems.” Swift Air has reportedly asked out of its contract with the team.
Those issues could force the Predators to explore “alternate travel options” as the 2012-13 season approaches.
Marsteller passes along what the Predators said in court.
“The status of the debtor’s ability to perform under the contract … is of dire concern,” the Predators said in a court filing last month. “It is critical to know well in advance of the first preseason games whether the debtor will provide reliable transportation for the Predators.”
Bankruptcy courts will reportedly determine if Swift Air will keep the Predators contract on Tuesday. The company covers other pro teams, such as the Boston Celtics.
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 35
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)