Aug 12, 2012, 5:48 PM EST
Every professional sports team must deal with the rigors of travel, but the Nashville Predators might face some extra headaches next season.
Duane Marsteller reports that Swift Air LLC, the company the Predators uses, is dealing with “financial and legal problems.” Swift Air has reportedly asked out of its contract with the team.
Those issues could force the Predators to explore “alternate travel options” as the 2012-13 season approaches.
Marsteller passes along what the Predators said in court.
“The status of the debtor’s ability to perform under the contract … is of dire concern,” the Predators said in a court filing last month. “It is critical to know well in advance of the first preseason games whether the debtor will provide reliable transportation for the Predators.”
Bankruptcy courts will reportedly determine if Swift Air will keep the Predators contract on Tuesday. The company covers other pro teams, such as the Boston Celtics.
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 40
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)