Aug 12, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From July 16 until Aug. 14, we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Today, we move along with the New York Islanders.
For the fifth season in a row (and six of the last seven), the Islanders fell far from a postseason berth. They also remained last in the Atlantic Division for a fifth consecutive year.
The Isles were pesky here and there last season, but again, it was mostly “business as usual.”
John Tavares topped all Isles scorers with 81 points while Matt Moulson quietly continues to be one of the league’s best-kept-secret snipers, yet the Isles let playmaker P.A. Parenteau walk in free agency.
If Lubo gets his way, the Islanders’ biggest move was adding Brad Boyes for the bargain price of $1 million.
Once again, the Islanders hope to improve from within. We’ll study their chances of doing so today at PHT.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)