Aug 10, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
As we previously reported, the OHL has handed the Windsor Spitfires a $400,000 fine and stripped them of five draft picks because they “violated the League’s Player Benefit and Recruitment Rules and Policies.”
The Spitfires have since released a statement in response to the league’s punishment, which has been published on CTV.
The Spitfires “completely deny all accusations that have been put forward.” They also plan to “pursue all avenues of appeal.”
They remain confident that the OHL’s decision will be overturned.
This comes just a month after it was revealed that the OHL Kitchener Rangers are suing the Michigan Daily student newspaper over a claim that top-tier prospect Jacob Trouba was offered $200,000 to play with the Rangers in 2012-13 instead of the Wolverines.
Kitchener CEO Steve Bienkowski denies the allegations that the student paper made and claimed that the story “damaged” them.
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 11
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 18
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 52
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 22
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car