Aug 10, 2012, 8:15 PM EST
Among the many differences between the current CBA negotiation and the last round is the rise of Twitter.
It’s given hockey fans and writers another way to express their thoughts and analysis on the ongoing talks to the masses, but it’s also provided hockey players with a quick, easy, and direct way to communicate with the public.
When NHL commissioner Gary Bettman told the union that the owners will not play another season under the current CBA and said that “we need to be paying out less in player costs,” several players took to Twitter to respond.
The counteroffer he’s referring to should be unveiled on Tuesday. A couple other players shared their thoughts via the #theplayers hashtag.
— daniel winnik (@Danwinnik34) August 10, 2012
Finally, Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist, fresh off his Vezina Trophy-winning campaign, expressed his disapproval over the current situation:
— Henrik Lundqvist (@HLundqvist30) August 10, 2012
We’ll probably see a lot more players sharing their opinions about the ongoing situation via Twitter as the negotiations continue.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 1
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 20
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 5
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 20
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 129
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (129)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (108)