Aug 9, 2012, 7:45 PM EDT
He’ll need at least six weeks to recover, although Kings assistant GM Ron Hextall still thinks that Quick should be ready “sometime around” training camp.
Of course, that’s working under the assumption that training camp will start on time.
It was initially recommend that Quick undergo therapy to deal with his back issue, but Hextall said that his recovery “wasn’t coming along quite like we hoped, so the next step was to go this route.”
Quick’s contributions were absolutely vital to the Kings’ Stanley Cup-winning run. He captured the Conn Smythe Trophy after posting a 1.41 GAA and .946 save percentage in 20 playoff starts.
It seems likely that Bernier will be dealt eventually, but they might decide to go into training camp with him as an insurance policy in case Quick encounters some kind of complication.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 4
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 11
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13