Aug 9, 2012, 7:45 PM EDT
He’ll need at least six weeks to recover, although Kings assistant GM Ron Hextall still thinks that Quick should be ready “sometime around” training camp.
Of course, that’s working under the assumption that training camp will start on time.
It was initially recommend that Quick undergo therapy to deal with his back issue, but Hextall said that his recovery “wasn’t coming along quite like we hoped, so the next step was to go this route.”
Quick’s contributions were absolutely vital to the Kings’ Stanley Cup-winning run. He captured the Conn Smythe Trophy after posting a 1.41 GAA and .946 save percentage in 20 playoff starts.
It seems likely that Bernier will be dealt eventually, but they might decide to go into training camp with him as an insurance policy in case Quick encounters some kind of complication.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22