Aug 9, 2012, 7:45 PM EST
He’ll need at least six weeks to recover, although Kings assistant GM Ron Hextall still thinks that Quick should be ready “sometime around” training camp.
Of course, that’s working under the assumption that training camp will start on time.
It was initially recommend that Quick undergo therapy to deal with his back issue, but Hextall said that his recovery “wasn’t coming along quite like we hoped, so the next step was to go this route.”
Quick’s contributions were absolutely vital to the Kings’ Stanley Cup-winning run. He captured the Conn Smythe Trophy after posting a 1.41 GAA and .946 save percentage in 20 playoff starts.
It seems likely that Bernier will be dealt eventually, but they might decide to go into training camp with him as an insurance policy in case Quick encounters some kind of complication.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (146)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)