Aug 9, 2012, 7:45 PM EDT
He’ll need at least six weeks to recover, although Kings assistant GM Ron Hextall still thinks that Quick should be ready “sometime around” training camp.
Of course, that’s working under the assumption that training camp will start on time.
It was initially recommend that Quick undergo therapy to deal with his back issue, but Hextall said that his recovery “wasn’t coming along quite like we hoped, so the next step was to go this route.”
Quick’s contributions were absolutely vital to the Kings’ Stanley Cup-winning run. He captured the Conn Smythe Trophy after posting a 1.41 GAA and .946 save percentage in 20 playoff starts.
It seems likely that Bernier will be dealt eventually, but they might decide to go into training camp with him as an insurance policy in case Quick encounters some kind of complication.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)