Aug 9, 2012, 12:55 PM EDT
Now it’s clear why they were produced so quickly.
According to NHL Director of Entertainment Publicity Nirva Milord, Parise’s No. 11 Minnesota Wild jersey was the top seller at the NHL’s online store (shop.NHL.com) for the month of July.
This shouldn’t come as a major surprise given how receptive fans were to the Wild’s free agent splurge. According to the Star-Tribune, the team sold 500 season tickets in the two hours following the Suter-Parise signings and by the end of the day (July 4), that number was up to 700.
By July 7, the club was reporting over 1,500 season tickets sold.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63