Aug 9, 2012, 12:55 PM EST
Now it’s clear why they were produced so quickly.
According to NHL Director of Entertainment Publicity Nirva Milord, Parise’s No. 11 Minnesota Wild jersey was the top seller at the NHL’s online store (shop.NHL.com) for the month of July.
This shouldn’t come as a major surprise given how receptive fans were to the Wild’s free agent splurge. According to the Star-Tribune, the team sold 500 season tickets in the two hours following the Suter-Parise signings and by the end of the day (July 4), that number was up to 700.
By July 7, the club was reporting over 1,500 season tickets sold.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 3
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8