Aug 9, 2012, 12:55 PM EDT
Now it’s clear why they were produced so quickly.
According to NHL Director of Entertainment Publicity Nirva Milord, Parise’s No. 11 Minnesota Wild jersey was the top seller at the NHL’s online store (shop.NHL.com) for the month of July.
This shouldn’t come as a major surprise given how receptive fans were to the Wild’s free agent splurge. According to the Star-Tribune, the team sold 500 season tickets in the two hours following the Suter-Parise signings and by the end of the day (July 4), that number was up to 700.
By July 7, the club was reporting over 1,500 season tickets sold.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21