Aug 9, 2012, 12:55 PM EDT
Now it’s clear why they were produced so quickly.
According to NHL Director of Entertainment Publicity Nirva Milord, Parise’s No. 11 Minnesota Wild jersey was the top seller at the NHL’s online store (shop.NHL.com) for the month of July.
This shouldn’t come as a major surprise given how receptive fans were to the Wild’s free agent splurge. According to the Star-Tribune, the team sold 500 season tickets in the two hours following the Suter-Parise signings and by the end of the day (July 4), that number was up to 700.
By July 7, the club was reporting over 1,500 season tickets sold.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12