Aug 9, 2012, 12:55 PM EDT
Now it’s clear why they were produced so quickly.
According to NHL Director of Entertainment Publicity Nirva Milord, Parise’s No. 11 Minnesota Wild jersey was the top seller at the NHL’s online store (shop.NHL.com) for the month of July.
This shouldn’t come as a major surprise given how receptive fans were to the Wild’s free agent splurge. According to the Star-Tribune, the team sold 500 season tickets in the two hours following the Suter-Parise signings and by the end of the day (July 4), that number was up to 700.
By July 7, the club was reporting over 1,500 season tickets sold.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22