Aug 9, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT
Toews has traded up, paying $2.05 million for a seven-room, 2,700-square-foot condominium unit in the Lakeshore East neighborhood and listing his longtime condo unit nearby for $1.85 million.
The two-bedroom, 39th-floor unit that Toews, 24, bought has high-end touches, including three Sub-Zero refrigerators, a 1,000-square-foot deck with a large hot tub, two additional terraces and a kitchen with two-inch quartzite counters and a Gaggenau oven.
Other features include 2-1/2 baths, 10-foot ceilings, custom cabinetry, Lumina lighting and a master bath with Jado faucets; onyx, honed marble; quartzite counters and a private commode.
Whoa, three Sub-Zero fridges? The housing market hasn’t seen this kind of excess since George Costanza built his second solarium.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)