Aug 8, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
The NHLPA hasn’t made it’s counteroffer yet and, as of Tuesday, there was no timetable for when they’ll do so. That being said, the NHL and players’ union are still meeting and making progress.
One of the topics they’ve been discussing recently are player healthy and safety issues, which is an area NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly thinks the two sides share a lot of common ground. You can watch Daly and Mathieu Schneider, who is a special assistant to NHLPA boss Donald Fehr, provided an update on Tuesday, which you can watch below.
The two sides also discussed supplemental discipline on Wednesday. As Katie Strang reported, Daly said there are some “strongly-held views,” but he declined to call Wednesday’s talks “tense.”
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22