Aug 8, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT
Hartnell, who has attended six negotiating sessions thus far, had plenty to say about the owners’ initial offer, specifically regarding the biggest difference between now and the work stoppage of seven years ago.
“[Gary Bettman] doesn’t want to look at the rich teams or the teams that are losing money. He wants to look at them all together which is a total 180 from what it was seven years ago.
“It’s a little frustrating that way, but that’s their position and you take it as it is. You have to believe they are 100 percent certain of getting everything [from us].
“It’s up to us to see if it’s feasible or not. But you look at the rollback and percentage they want and it’s more concessions then we gave up last time around.”
Hartnell said the NHL’s proposed revenue share cut — the players’ share would go from 57 percent to 46 — is “very frustrating.” He also isn’t a big fan of the rollback (which is inherent in the revenue decrease.)
“I don’t know if owners were thinking that’s why they signed these guys to that kind of money, but it’s a little ridiculous to me.”
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)