Aug 8, 2012, 5:24 PM EDT
Back in April, Ward was a Capitals’ hero. The man who scored the overtime game-winning goal to take Game 7 in their first round series against the Stanley Cup defending Boston Bruins.
Unfortunately, some people then took to twitter to make racists remarks regarding Ward. In response, the Bruins released a statement saying, “These classless, ignorant views are in no way a reflection of anyone associated with the Bruins organization.”
As the Washington Post reported, the FBI also felt the need to react to the incident.
“I had one phone call from an FBI agent who was scared for me,” Ward told 102.1 The Edge in Toronto. “He was just asking some questions like, ‘How’s your family doing, how’s everybody doing, are you okay? Did you get any weird messages?’ So now I’m like, really freaked out.”
The FBI wanted to stay in contact with Ward and fortunately he was never harmed.
“I have to go follow up when I get back to D.C., just to kind make sure, clear things over,” Ward said. “But I told him I was fine, my family’s still living in the same place and all that.”
Ward also had hernia surgery and he talked about it with 102.1 The Edge.
The excerpt, which includes more than the Ward interview, is intended for an adult audience and is definitely not safe for work. I can’t emphasize that enough, especially when it comes to his hernia story. That being said, if you really want to listen to it, you can do so here.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)