Aug 8, 2012, 5:24 PM EST
Back in April, Ward was a Capitals’ hero. The man who scored the overtime game-winning goal to take Game 7 in their first round series against the Stanley Cup defending Boston Bruins.
Unfortunately, some people then took to twitter to make racists remarks regarding Ward. In response, the Bruins released a statement saying, “These classless, ignorant views are in no way a reflection of anyone associated with the Bruins organization.”
As the Washington Post reported, the FBI also felt the need to react to the incident.
“I had one phone call from an FBI agent who was scared for me,” Ward told 102.1 The Edge in Toronto. “He was just asking some questions like, ‘How’s your family doing, how’s everybody doing, are you okay? Did you get any weird messages?’ So now I’m like, really freaked out.”
The FBI wanted to stay in contact with Ward and fortunately he was never harmed.
“I have to go follow up when I get back to D.C., just to kind make sure, clear things over,” Ward said. “But I told him I was fine, my family’s still living in the same place and all that.”
Ward also had hernia surgery and he talked about it with 102.1 The Edge.
The excerpt, which includes more than the Ward interview, is intended for an adult audience and is definitely not safe for work. I can’t emphasize that enough, especially when it comes to his hernia story. That being said, if you really want to listen to it, you can do so here.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)