Doan’s agent: Only three teams have been visited and yes, someone offered four years at “at least” $7M per
Aug 8, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
In an effort to try and clarify the Shane Doan situation, Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News spoke to Doan’s agent, Terry Bross, on Tuesday — and while the picture isn’t crystal clear, it’s now somewhat less murky.
Here’s what Bross confirmed.
1) Doan has only visited three teams during free agency: Vancouver, Philadelphia and the New York Rangers.
2) A team “outside of New York” has offered Doan a four-year deal worth at least $7 million per season.
3) Doan “is so reluctant to uproot his family from Phoenix” that he’s extended the original July 28 deadline for prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison to convince him the team would stay in the desert.
Not much remarkably new, though Bross did confirm there’s a shortlist at play and the asking price is phenomenally high. That’s unsurprising give Doan, thanks in large part to his summer-long waiting game, has moved atop many teams’ free agent wishlists.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)