Doan’s agent: Only three teams have been visited and yes, someone offered four years at “at least” $7M per
Aug 8, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
In an effort to try and clarify the Shane Doan situation, Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News spoke to Doan’s agent, Terry Bross, on Tuesday — and while the picture isn’t crystal clear, it’s now somewhat less murky.
Here’s what Bross confirmed.
1) Doan has only visited three teams during free agency: Vancouver, Philadelphia and the New York Rangers.
2) A team “outside of New York” has offered Doan a four-year deal worth at least $7 million per season.
3) Doan “is so reluctant to uproot his family from Phoenix” that he’s extended the original July 28 deadline for prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison to convince him the team would stay in the desert.
Not much remarkably new, though Bross did confirm there’s a shortlist at play and the asking price is phenomenally high. That’s unsurprising give Doan, thanks in large part to his summer-long waiting game, has moved atop many teams’ free agent wishlists.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)