Doan’s agent: Only three teams have been visited and yes, someone offered four years at “at least” $7M per
Aug 8, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
In an effort to try and clarify the Shane Doan situation, Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News spoke to Doan’s agent, Terry Bross, on Tuesday — and while the picture isn’t crystal clear, it’s now somewhat less murky.
Here’s what Bross confirmed.
1) Doan has only visited three teams during free agency: Vancouver, Philadelphia and the New York Rangers.
2) A team “outside of New York” has offered Doan a four-year deal worth at least $7 million per season.
3) Doan “is so reluctant to uproot his family from Phoenix” that he’s extended the original July 28 deadline for prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison to convince him the team would stay in the desert.
Not much remarkably new, though Bross did confirm there’s a shortlist at play and the asking price is phenomenally high. That’s unsurprising give Doan, thanks in large part to his summer-long waiting game, has moved atop many teams’ free agent wishlists.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 52
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5