Doan’s agent: Only three teams have been visited and yes, someone offered four years at “at least” $7M per
Aug 8, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
In an effort to try and clarify the Shane Doan situation, Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News spoke to Doan’s agent, Terry Bross, on Tuesday — and while the picture isn’t crystal clear, it’s now somewhat less murky.
Here’s what Bross confirmed.
1) Doan has only visited three teams during free agency: Vancouver, Philadelphia and the New York Rangers.
2) A team “outside of New York” has offered Doan a four-year deal worth at least $7 million per season.
3) Doan “is so reluctant to uproot his family from Phoenix” that he’s extended the original July 28 deadline for prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison to convince him the team would stay in the desert.
Not much remarkably new, though Bross did confirm there’s a shortlist at play and the asking price is phenomenally high. That’s unsurprising give Doan, thanks in large part to his summer-long waiting game, has moved atop many teams’ free agent wishlists.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (54)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (42)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)