Doan’s agent: Only three teams have been visited and yes, someone offered four years at “at least” $7M per
Aug 8, 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
In an effort to try and clarify the Shane Doan situation, Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News spoke to Doan’s agent, Terry Bross, on Tuesday — and while the picture isn’t crystal clear, it’s now somewhat less murky.
Here’s what Bross confirmed.
1) Doan has only visited three teams during free agency: Vancouver, Philadelphia and the New York Rangers.
2) A team “outside of New York” has offered Doan a four-year deal worth at least $7 million per season.
3) Doan “is so reluctant to uproot his family from Phoenix” that he’s extended the original July 28 deadline for prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison to convince him the team would stay in the desert.
Not much remarkably new, though Bross did confirm there’s a shortlist at play and the asking price is phenomenally high. That’s unsurprising give Doan, thanks in large part to his summer-long waiting game, has moved atop many teams’ free agent wishlists.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (32)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)