Aug 8, 2012, 10:58 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues made a number of front office moves on Tuesday, shuffling around various individuals into new job titles — which included a move for franchise legend Al MacInnis.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong announced MacInnis would move from Vice President of Hockey Operations — a title he’s held since 2006 — to become senior advisor to the GM.
It’ll be curious to see how big a role MacInnis plays in St. Louis. The team already has an assistant GM in Kevin McDonald (who also serves as the head GM of AHL Peoria) and there’s still the curious case of John Davidson at play.
Davidson still has three years left on his contract as Blues President but has acknowledged he’s exploring his options elsewhere, which included interviewing with the Columbus Blue Jackets. St. Louis has a rather crowded front office but Davidson is still serving in some capacity — he was on hand at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft in Pittsburgh this past June.
In other Blues’ front office moves, Dave Taylor moved into MacInnis’ old role as VP of hockey ops while ex-NHLer Rob DiMaio was named Director of Pro Scouting.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)