Aug 8, 2012, 10:58 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues made a number of front office moves on Tuesday, shuffling around various individuals into new job titles — which included a move for franchise legend Al MacInnis.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong announced MacInnis would move from Vice President of Hockey Operations — a title he’s held since 2006 — to become senior advisor to the GM.
It’ll be curious to see how big a role MacInnis plays in St. Louis. The team already has an assistant GM in Kevin McDonald (who also serves as the head GM of AHL Peoria) and there’s still the curious case of John Davidson at play.
Davidson still has three years left on his contract as Blues President but has acknowledged he’s exploring his options elsewhere, which included interviewing with the Columbus Blue Jackets. St. Louis has a rather crowded front office but Davidson is still serving in some capacity — he was on hand at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft in Pittsburgh this past June.
In other Blues’ front office moves, Dave Taylor moved into MacInnis’ old role as VP of hockey ops while ex-NHLer Rob DiMaio was named Director of Pro Scouting.
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 4
- Video: Filppula, Stamkos score two big goals for Bolts 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 9
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 31
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)