Aug 8, 2012, 10:58 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues made a number of front office moves on Tuesday, shuffling around various individuals into new job titles — which included a move for franchise legend Al MacInnis.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong announced MacInnis would move from Vice President of Hockey Operations — a title he’s held since 2006 — to become senior advisor to the GM.
It’ll be curious to see how big a role MacInnis plays in St. Louis. The team already has an assistant GM in Kevin McDonald (who also serves as the head GM of AHL Peoria) and there’s still the curious case of John Davidson at play.
Davidson still has three years left on his contract as Blues President but has acknowledged he’s exploring his options elsewhere, which included interviewing with the Columbus Blue Jackets. St. Louis has a rather crowded front office but Davidson is still serving in some capacity — he was on hand at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft in Pittsburgh this past June.
In other Blues’ front office moves, Dave Taylor moved into MacInnis’ old role as VP of hockey ops while ex-NHLer Rob DiMaio was named Director of Pro Scouting.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 0
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 45
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)