Aug 8, 2012, 10:58 AM EST
The St. Louis Blues made a number of front office moves on Tuesday, shuffling around various individuals into new job titles — which included a move for franchise legend Al MacInnis.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong announced MacInnis would move from Vice President of Hockey Operations — a title he’s held since 2006 — to become senior advisor to the GM.
It’ll be curious to see how big a role MacInnis plays in St. Louis. The team already has an assistant GM in Kevin McDonald (who also serves as the head GM of AHL Peoria) and there’s still the curious case of John Davidson at play.
Davidson still has three years left on his contract as Blues President but has acknowledged he’s exploring his options elsewhere, which included interviewing with the Columbus Blue Jackets. St. Louis has a rather crowded front office but Davidson is still serving in some capacity — he was on hand at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft in Pittsburgh this past June.
In other Blues’ front office moves, Dave Taylor moved into MacInnis’ old role as VP of hockey ops while ex-NHLer Rob DiMaio was named Director of Pro Scouting.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)