Aug 7, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
One of the spoils of winning the Stanley Cup is getting to relive your glory over and over courtesy of the championship DVD. Warner Home Video’s recap of the Los Angeles Kings’ incredible run from eighth seed in the Western Conference to Stanley Cup champions covers all the bases and has a couple of nice bonuses if you’re watching on Blu-Ray.
Everything from Vancouver’s mid-series switch from Roberto Luongo to Cory Schneider to the rough and tumble series with Phoenix sees all the big moments and goals captured. Even Dustin Brown‘s controversial hit on Phoenix’s Michal Rozsival in Game 5 isn’t glossed over. Somehow Shane Doan‘s words with Brown in the handshake line were missed though. Huh.
In covering the finals, the Kings’ battle with New Jersey gets all the glory with each game covered in detail. Game 4 in particular was worked over as the team explained how distracted they were at home looking to finish off a sweep.
As for the bonuses, if you’ve got the Blu-Ray you can witness all five minutes of the Kings’ major power play from Game 6 against New Jersey that helped swing the game in their favor. With NBC’s Doc Emrick, Ed Olczyk, and Pierre McGuire providing the call you can say we’re big fans of that.
You’ll also get a flashback to Dustin Penner‘s problem with pancakes as well as the charity pancake breakfast he did in the aftermath. Adding all that on top of the locker room celebration goodies, extended interviews, and other in-game features, you can’t go wrong.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 25
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 41
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 95
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (96)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)