Aug 7, 2012, 11:01 PM EST
One of the spoils of winning the Stanley Cup is getting to relive your glory over and over courtesy of the championship DVD. Warner Home Video’s recap of the Los Angeles Kings’ incredible run from eighth seed in the Western Conference to Stanley Cup champions covers all the bases and has a couple of nice bonuses if you’re watching on Blu-Ray.
Everything from Vancouver’s mid-series switch from Roberto Luongo to Cory Schneider to the rough and tumble series with Phoenix sees all the big moments and goals captured. Even Dustin Brown‘s controversial hit on Phoenix’s Michal Rozsival in Game 5 isn’t glossed over. Somehow Shane Doan‘s words with Brown in the handshake line were missed though. Huh.
In covering the finals, the Kings’ battle with New Jersey gets all the glory with each game covered in detail. Game 4 in particular was worked over as the team explained how distracted they were at home looking to finish off a sweep.
As for the bonuses, if you’ve got the Blu-Ray you can witness all five minutes of the Kings’ major power play from Game 6 against New Jersey that helped swing the game in their favor. With NBC’s Doc Emrick, Ed Olczyk, and Pierre McGuire providing the call you can say we’re big fans of that.
You’ll also get a flashback to Dustin Penner‘s problem with pancakes as well as the charity pancake breakfast he did in the aftermath. Adding all that on top of the locker room celebration goodies, extended interviews, and other in-game features, you can’t go wrong.
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 12
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 53
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)