Aug 7, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
One of the spoils of winning the Stanley Cup is getting to relive your glory over and over courtesy of the championship DVD. Warner Home Video’s recap of the Los Angeles Kings’ incredible run from eighth seed in the Western Conference to Stanley Cup champions covers all the bases and has a couple of nice bonuses if you’re watching on Blu-Ray.
Everything from Vancouver’s mid-series switch from Roberto Luongo to Cory Schneider to the rough and tumble series with Phoenix sees all the big moments and goals captured. Even Dustin Brown‘s controversial hit on Phoenix’s Michal Rozsival in Game 5 isn’t glossed over. Somehow Shane Doan‘s words with Brown in the handshake line were missed though. Huh.
In covering the finals, the Kings’ battle with New Jersey gets all the glory with each game covered in detail. Game 4 in particular was worked over as the team explained how distracted they were at home looking to finish off a sweep.
As for the bonuses, if you’ve got the Blu-Ray you can witness all five minutes of the Kings’ major power play from Game 6 against New Jersey that helped swing the game in their favor. With NBC’s Doc Emrick, Ed Olczyk, and Pierre McGuire providing the call you can say we’re big fans of that.
You’ll also get a flashback to Dustin Penner‘s problem with pancakes as well as the charity pancake breakfast he did in the aftermath. Adding all that on top of the locker room celebration goodies, extended interviews, and other in-game features, you can’t go wrong.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)