Aug 7, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
One of the spoils of winning the Stanley Cup is getting to relive your glory over and over courtesy of the championship DVD. Warner Home Video’s recap of the Los Angeles Kings’ incredible run from eighth seed in the Western Conference to Stanley Cup champions covers all the bases and has a couple of nice bonuses if you’re watching on Blu-Ray.
Everything from Vancouver’s mid-series switch from Roberto Luongo to Cory Schneider to the rough and tumble series with Phoenix sees all the big moments and goals captured. Even Dustin Brown‘s controversial hit on Phoenix’s Michal Rozsival in Game 5 isn’t glossed over. Somehow Shane Doan‘s words with Brown in the handshake line were missed though. Huh.
In covering the finals, the Kings’ battle with New Jersey gets all the glory with each game covered in detail. Game 4 in particular was worked over as the team explained how distracted they were at home looking to finish off a sweep.
As for the bonuses, if you’ve got the Blu-Ray you can witness all five minutes of the Kings’ major power play from Game 6 against New Jersey that helped swing the game in their favor. With NBC’s Doc Emrick, Ed Olczyk, and Pierre McGuire providing the call you can say we’re big fans of that.
You’ll also get a flashback to Dustin Penner‘s problem with pancakes as well as the charity pancake breakfast he did in the aftermath. Adding all that on top of the locker room celebration goodies, extended interviews, and other in-game features, you can’t go wrong.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7