Aug 7, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
One of the spoils of winning the Stanley Cup is getting to relive your glory over and over courtesy of the championship DVD. Warner Home Video’s recap of the Los Angeles Kings’ incredible run from eighth seed in the Western Conference to Stanley Cup champions covers all the bases and has a couple of nice bonuses if you’re watching on Blu-Ray.
Everything from Vancouver’s mid-series switch from Roberto Luongo to Cory Schneider to the rough and tumble series with Phoenix sees all the big moments and goals captured. Even Dustin Brown‘s controversial hit on Phoenix’s Michal Rozsival in Game 5 isn’t glossed over. Somehow Shane Doan‘s words with Brown in the handshake line were missed though. Huh.
In covering the finals, the Kings’ battle with New Jersey gets all the glory with each game covered in detail. Game 4 in particular was worked over as the team explained how distracted they were at home looking to finish off a sweep.
As for the bonuses, if you’ve got the Blu-Ray you can witness all five minutes of the Kings’ major power play from Game 6 against New Jersey that helped swing the game in their favor. With NBC’s Doc Emrick, Ed Olczyk, and Pierre McGuire providing the call you can say we’re big fans of that.
You’ll also get a flashback to Dustin Penner‘s problem with pancakes as well as the charity pancake breakfast he did in the aftermath. Adding all that on top of the locker room celebration goodies, extended interviews, and other in-game features, you can’t go wrong.
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 5
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 20
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 14
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)