Aug 7, 2012, 6:53 PM EDT
Desjardins, who wore no. 69 the last two seasons in San Jose, is one of five Sharks sporting a new number next season. Desjardins will trade his 69 in for no. 10 next season.
Defenseman Jason Demers will wear 5 (was 60) while newly reacquired Brad Stuart will rock the same no. 7 he had in his first spin with the team. T.J. Galiardi will switch from 37 to 21 because the newest Shark, Adam Burish, will wear it. Burish sported 37 while with the Chicago Blackhawks.
For now, let’s all get our last chuckles out at seeing a hockey player sporting that number. As Jay Baruchel said in Goon, “It’s hilarious!”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 64
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50