Aug 7, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
According to the Nashville City Paper, a local radio personality is suing the Predators and Bridgestone Arena management to recover medical costs totaling more than $25,000, stemming from injuries occurred during a “Human Hockey Puck” stunt.
More, from the City Paper:
[Adam] Davis, better known on WRVW-107.5 The River as Intern Adam, was supposed to be slung down the ice on a sled and into a set-up of bowling pins. But during the rehearsal prior to the Preds’ game against the Calgary Flames, he missed the pins completely and crashed into the side of the rink.
Davis was transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center where screws had to be placed in his ankle.
The lawsuit claims that employees of the Predators failed to provide adequate protection for Davis — and also failed to warn Davis of the risks associated with the stunt. Attorney Bill Leader, who is representing Davis, said his client didn’t sign any kind of waiver form before participating in the stunt.
The City Paper also reports a Preds spokesman declined comment on the matter, noting the organization hadn’t been served with the lawsuit as of Tuesday morning.
Here’s Davis’ page on The River’s website detailing the crash and subsequent injury. It features many exclamation points.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)