Aug 7, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
According to the Nashville City Paper, a local radio personality is suing the Predators and Bridgestone Arena management to recover medical costs totaling more than $25,000, stemming from injuries occurred during a “Human Hockey Puck” stunt.
More, from the City Paper:
[Adam] Davis, better known on WRVW-107.5 The River as Intern Adam, was supposed to be slung down the ice on a sled and into a set-up of bowling pins. But during the rehearsal prior to the Preds’ game against the Calgary Flames, he missed the pins completely and crashed into the side of the rink.
Davis was transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center where screws had to be placed in his ankle.
The lawsuit claims that employees of the Predators failed to provide adequate protection for Davis — and also failed to warn Davis of the risks associated with the stunt. Attorney Bill Leader, who is representing Davis, said his client didn’t sign any kind of waiver form before participating in the stunt.
The City Paper also reports a Preds spokesman declined comment on the matter, noting the organization hadn’t been served with the lawsuit as of Tuesday morning.
Here’s Davis’ page on The River’s website detailing the crash and subsequent injury. It features many exclamation points.
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 0
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 69
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 63
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)