Aug 7, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
According to the Nashville City Paper, a local radio personality is suing the Predators and Bridgestone Arena management to recover medical costs totaling more than $25,000, stemming from injuries occurred during a “Human Hockey Puck” stunt.
More, from the City Paper:
[Adam] Davis, better known on WRVW-107.5 The River as Intern Adam, was supposed to be slung down the ice on a sled and into a set-up of bowling pins. But during the rehearsal prior to the Preds’ game against the Calgary Flames, he missed the pins completely and crashed into the side of the rink.
Davis was transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center where screws had to be placed in his ankle.
The lawsuit claims that employees of the Predators failed to provide adequate protection for Davis — and also failed to warn Davis of the risks associated with the stunt. Attorney Bill Leader, who is representing Davis, said his client didn’t sign any kind of waiver form before participating in the stunt.
The City Paper also reports a Preds spokesman declined comment on the matter, noting the organization hadn’t been served with the lawsuit as of Tuesday morning.
Here’s Davis’ page on The River’s website detailing the crash and subsequent injury. It features many exclamation points.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 47
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 24
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 39
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 30
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 40
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (53)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)