Aug 7, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
According to the Nashville City Paper, a local radio personality is suing the Predators and Bridgestone Arena management to recover medical costs totaling more than $25,000, stemming from injuries occurred during a “Human Hockey Puck” stunt.
More, from the City Paper:
[Adam] Davis, better known on WRVW-107.5 The River as Intern Adam, was supposed to be slung down the ice on a sled and into a set-up of bowling pins. But during the rehearsal prior to the Preds’ game against the Calgary Flames, he missed the pins completely and crashed into the side of the rink.
Davis was transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center where screws had to be placed in his ankle.
The lawsuit claims that employees of the Predators failed to provide adequate protection for Davis — and also failed to warn Davis of the risks associated with the stunt. Attorney Bill Leader, who is representing Davis, said his client didn’t sign any kind of waiver form before participating in the stunt.
The City Paper also reports a Preds spokesman declined comment on the matter, noting the organization hadn’t been served with the lawsuit as of Tuesday morning.
Here’s Davis’ page on The River’s website detailing the crash and subsequent injury. It features many exclamation points.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)