Aug 7, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
According to the Nashville City Paper, a local radio personality is suing the Predators and Bridgestone Arena management to recover medical costs totaling more than $25,000, stemming from injuries occurred during a “Human Hockey Puck” stunt.
More, from the City Paper:
[Adam] Davis, better known on WRVW-107.5 The River as Intern Adam, was supposed to be slung down the ice on a sled and into a set-up of bowling pins. But during the rehearsal prior to the Preds’ game against the Calgary Flames, he missed the pins completely and crashed into the side of the rink.
Davis was transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center where screws had to be placed in his ankle.
The lawsuit claims that employees of the Predators failed to provide adequate protection for Davis — and also failed to warn Davis of the risks associated with the stunt. Attorney Bill Leader, who is representing Davis, said his client didn’t sign any kind of waiver form before participating in the stunt.
The City Paper also reports a Preds spokesman declined comment on the matter, noting the organization hadn’t been served with the lawsuit as of Tuesday morning.
Here’s Davis’ page on The River’s website detailing the crash and subsequent injury. It features many exclamation points.
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 13
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 62
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 24
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming