Aug 7, 2012, 12:40 PM EDT
Given that it’s the seventh day of the eighth month, it can only mean one thing:
Sidney Crosby‘s havin’ a birthday!
Yep, 25 years ago today — 8/7/87, in case you’re wondering how the “87” infatuation came to be — Sid the Kid was born.
Here’s a quick rundown of the things he’s accomplished in his first 25 years on the planet:
— Stanley Cup
— Richard, Art Ross, Hart and Lester B. Pearson trophies
— Olympic gold medal
— World Junior gold medal
— Four All-Star Games
In a related story — when I was 25, I worked graveyard shifts as a hotel security guard.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5