Aug 7, 2012, 12:40 PM EDT
Given that it’s the seventh day of the eighth month, it can only mean one thing:
Sidney Crosby‘s havin’ a birthday!
Yep, 25 years ago today — 8/7/87, in case you’re wondering how the “87″ infatuation came to be — Sid the Kid was born.
Here’s a quick rundown of the things he’s accomplished in his first 25 years on the planet:
– Stanley Cup
– Richard, Art Ross, Hart and Lester B. Pearson trophies
– Olympic gold medal
– World Junior gold medal
– Four All-Star Games
In a related story — when I was 25, I worked graveyard shifts as a hotel security guard.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 4
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39