Aug 7, 2012, 12:40 PM EDT
Given that it’s the seventh day of the eighth month, it can only mean one thing:
Sidney Crosby‘s havin’ a birthday!
Yep, 25 years ago today — 8/7/87, in case you’re wondering how the “87” infatuation came to be — Sid the Kid was born.
Here’s a quick rundown of the things he’s accomplished in his first 25 years on the planet:
– Stanley Cup
— Richard, Art Ross, Hart and Lester B. Pearson trophies
— Olympic gold medal
— World Junior gold medal
— Four All-Star Games
In a related story — when I was 25, I worked graveyard shifts as a hotel security guard.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35