Aug 7, 2012, 12:40 PM EST
Given that it’s the seventh day of the eighth month, it can only mean one thing:
Sidney Crosby‘s havin’ a birthday!
Yep, 25 years ago today — 8/7/87, in case you’re wondering how the “87” infatuation came to be — Sid the Kid was born.
Here’s a quick rundown of the things he’s accomplished in his first 25 years on the planet:
– Stanley Cup
— Richard, Art Ross, Hart and Lester B. Pearson trophies
— Olympic gold medal
— World Junior gold medal
— Four All-Star Games
In a related story — when I was 25, I worked graveyard shifts as a hotel security guard.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 16
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10