Aug 7, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT
While the Rangers made headlines landing Rick Nash this summer, their other big scorer is feeling good after surgery.
“I feel good,” said Gaborik, who will continue his rehab back home in Slovakia at the end of this week-long stay in New York. “I have been working hard in terms of rehab. Things are going as they should be, so I am happy with the progress.”
On the upside for the Rangers, Gaborik is experienced at recovering from injuries at this point in his career. Wild fans will tell you (at length) about their frustrations with his ability to get hurt at inconvenient times.
In this case, Gaborik played through injury in their Eastern Conference finals loss to the Devils. It’s believed he’ll be out until December recovering from surgery, so until then it’s all on Nash to keep the Rangers’ offense going.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1