Aug 7, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT
While the Rangers made headlines landing Rick Nash this summer, their other big scorer is feeling good after surgery.
“I feel good,” said Gaborik, who will continue his rehab back home in Slovakia at the end of this week-long stay in New York. “I have been working hard in terms of rehab. Things are going as they should be, so I am happy with the progress.”
On the upside for the Rangers, Gaborik is experienced at recovering from injuries at this point in his career. Wild fans will tell you (at length) about their frustrations with his ability to get hurt at inconvenient times.
In this case, Gaborik played through injury in their Eastern Conference finals loss to the Devils. It’s believed he’ll be out until December recovering from surgery, so until then it’s all on Nash to keep the Rangers’ offense going.
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 0
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 20
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12