Aug 7, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT
While the Rangers made headlines landing Rick Nash this summer, their other big scorer is feeling good after surgery.
“I feel good,” said Gaborik, who will continue his rehab back home in Slovakia at the end of this week-long stay in New York. “I have been working hard in terms of rehab. Things are going as they should be, so I am happy with the progress.”
On the upside for the Rangers, Gaborik is experienced at recovering from injuries at this point in his career. Wild fans will tell you (at length) about their frustrations with his ability to get hurt at inconvenient times.
In this case, Gaborik played through injury in their Eastern Conference finals loss to the Devils. It’s believed he’ll be out until December recovering from surgery, so until then it’s all on Nash to keep the Rangers’ offense going.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5