Aug 7, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT
While the Rangers made headlines landing Rick Nash this summer, their other big scorer is feeling good after surgery.
“I feel good,” said Gaborik, who will continue his rehab back home in Slovakia at the end of this week-long stay in New York. “I have been working hard in terms of rehab. Things are going as they should be, so I am happy with the progress.”
On the upside for the Rangers, Gaborik is experienced at recovering from injuries at this point in his career. Wild fans will tell you (at length) about their frustrations with his ability to get hurt at inconvenient times.
In this case, Gaborik played through injury in their Eastern Conference finals loss to the Devils. It’s believed he’ll be out until December recovering from surgery, so until then it’s all on Nash to keep the Rangers’ offense going.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)