Aug 7, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
Park, 36, scored 7G-7A-14PTS in 54 games with the Penguins last season, averaging just over 10 minutes per game in a largely checking/penalty killing role. He also appeared in two of Pittsburgh’s six playoff games against Philadelphia.
“He was a good penalty-killer,” the Post-Gazette said of Park. “And there was no way the Penguins would have offered him a two-year deal.”
Park won’t be the only ex-NHLer plying his trade with Ambri-Piotta next year. Another former Penguin, Jason Williams, is on the team, as is former Minnesota defenseman Maxim Noreau and ex-Sharks goalie Nolan Schaefer.
Oh yeah — Ambri-Piotta’s coach is former Sharks, Penguins and Devils bench boss Kevin Constantine, in case you were wondering whatever happened to him.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)