Aug 7, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Park, 36, scored 7G-7A-14PTS in 54 games with the Penguins last season, averaging just over 10 minutes per game in a largely checking/penalty killing role. He also appeared in two of Pittsburgh’s six playoff games against Philadelphia.
“He was a good penalty-killer,” the Post-Gazette said of Park. “And there was no way the Penguins would have offered him a two-year deal.”
Park won’t be the only ex-NHLer plying his trade with Ambri-Piotta next year. Another former Penguin, Jason Williams, is on the team, as is former Minnesota defenseman Maxim Noreau and ex-Sharks goalie Nolan Schaefer.
Oh yeah — Ambri-Piotta’s coach is former Sharks, Penguins and Devils bench boss Kevin Constantine, in case you were wondering whatever happened to him.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8