Aug 6, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
With Ryan Suter out of town, the Nashville Predators need other defensemen to step up.
“With Ryan it’s about letting him go and play and supporting him,” Gill said. “He has all the tools to be effective. He needs someone to help him out. I think that’s where I can come in.”
An Ellis-Gill combination could be quite the “Odd Couple” of defensive pairings.
Ellis is very inexperienced, small and potentially explosive on offense.
Still, that might be the brilliant part about that potential duo. Both players can embrace their roles fully and support each other in the process – at least if things go according to plan.
(H/T to Rotoworld)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)