Aug 6, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Welcome to our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From July 16 until Aug. 14, we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Today we continue with the Winnipeg Jets.
The 2011-12 campaign was obviously a season of transitions for the Jets in more ways than one. Last year, the Atlanta Thrashers moved to the hockey hungry city of Winnipeg.
In addition to changing owners and cities, the team also appointed a new GM and head coach during the summer of 2011.
That being said, the team itself remained largely intact and it was one that has been struggling through a rough rebuilding process.
The Winnipeg Jets, who were forced to play in the Southeast Division in 2011-12 and are expected to suffer the same fate next season, failed to make the postseason for the fifth straight campaign.
This is a franchise that has been unable to gain any transaction since its inception. They have been to the playoffs just one time and are still looking for their first postseason win.
Is this franchise ready to reverse its fortunes? Could Winnipeg host its first playoff game in 2013 since the original Jets moved to the desert? Stay tuned for our extended coverage of the Jets.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 3
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54