Aug 6, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Puck Daddy’s Harrison Mooney focuses on Canucks mascot Fin’s appearance as perhaps the most noteworthy inclusion – and not for comic purposes.
Fin, the Canucks’ mascot, won’t get nearly as much attention in all this, but his involvement really puts things over the top for the Canucks. This wasn’t just a few players deciding to go on their own (although they were hardly coerced): this was an organization sending out a full delegation, making a statement against intolerance in sport as a franchise.
Interesting point by Mooney, who also shared this brief clip from the parade:
“The idea behind You Can Play is what we as athletes strive for — to be judged based on our talent,” Malholtra said. “Hopefully we can make homophobia in sport a thing of the past.”
The Canucks’ Twitter page provided these photos from the parade:
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17