Aug 5, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Puck Daddy’s Sean Leahy passes along word that NHL stars past and present gathered for Lokomotiv Memorial Night in Kloten, Switzerland on Saturday.
Leahy notes that the all-star team defeated the Kloten Flyers 9-6, but the charitable goals were more relevant than the ones on the scoreboard.
Euro Hockey reports that 5,293 people attended the event. In addition to those proceeds, the Granite Group reportedly handed out about $41K to each team to promote youth hockey in their areas.
Leahy also points out this Youtube video that captured the mood of the event:
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 20
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 16
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 22
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 33
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 14
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 126
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (126)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)