Aug 5, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Puck Daddy’s Sean Leahy passes along word that NHL stars past and present gathered for Lokomotiv Memorial Night in Kloten, Switzerland on Saturday.
Leahy notes that the all-star team defeated the Kloten Flyers 9-6, but the charitable goals were more relevant than the ones on the scoreboard.
Euro Hockey reports that 5,293 people attended the event. In addition to those proceeds, the Granite Group reportedly handed out about $41K to each team to promote youth hockey in their areas.
Leahy also points out this Youtube video that captured the mood of the event:
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12