Aug 5, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Puck Daddy’s Sean Leahy passes along word that NHL stars past and present gathered for Lokomotiv Memorial Night in Kloten, Switzerland on Saturday.
Leahy notes that the all-star team defeated the Kloten Flyers 9-6, but the charitable goals were more relevant than the ones on the scoreboard.
Euro Hockey reports that 5,293 people attended the event. In addition to those proceeds, the Granite Group reportedly handed out about $41K to each team to promote youth hockey in their areas.
Leahy also points out this Youtube video that captured the mood of the event:
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)