Aug 5, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Puck Daddy’s Sean Leahy passes along word that NHL stars past and present gathered for Lokomotiv Memorial Night in Kloten, Switzerland on Saturday.
Leahy notes that the all-star team defeated the Kloten Flyers 9-6, but the charitable goals were more relevant than the ones on the scoreboard.
Euro Hockey reports that 5,293 people attended the event. In addition to those proceeds, the Granite Group reportedly handed out about $41K to each team to promote youth hockey in their areas.
Leahy also points out this Youtube video that captured the mood of the event:
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)