Aug 5, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Puck Daddy’s Sean Leahy passes along word that NHL stars past and present gathered for Lokomotiv Memorial Night in Kloten, Switzerland on Saturday.
Leahy notes that the all-star team defeated the Kloten Flyers 9-6, but the charitable goals were more relevant than the ones on the scoreboard.
Euro Hockey reports that 5,293 people attended the event. In addition to those proceeds, the Granite Group reportedly handed out about $41K to each team to promote youth hockey in their areas.
Leahy also points out this Youtube video that captured the mood of the event:
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 5
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 6
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 48
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)