Aug 5, 2012, 11:06 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin knows what it’s like to participate in the Olympics only to leave empty handed, so maybe he can appreciate his girlfriend’s, Maria Kirilenko, bronze medal showing in the 2012 Summer Olympics just a little bit more than most people.
Ovechkin certainly seemed thrilled on Twitter when he said, and I quote, “Maria!!!! Nadia!!! Medals!! and Me!! Hahahaah!” The tweet also includes the picture that you can see to your right.
Nadia, by the way, is Nadia Petrova, Maria’s tennis partner in the Olympic Games.
Ovechkin went on to tweet, “Thats my prize for Olympic games…we going back to Moscow. We gonna have a gr8 time there!!!hhaahah!!bronzeeeeee”
To paraphrase Kellie Cowan of CSN Washington, you can tell he’s particularly happy based on the number of excess exclamation points and vowels used.
In all seriousness, congratulations are in order to Maria Kirilenko and Nadia Petrova, and Ovechkin is euphoria is certainly justified.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 46
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 32
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 6
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 32
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 132
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (132)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (111)