Aug 5, 2012, 11:06 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin knows what it’s like to participate in the Olympics only to leave empty handed, so maybe he can appreciate his girlfriend’s, Maria Kirilenko, bronze medal showing in the 2012 Summer Olympics just a little bit more than most people.
Ovechkin certainly seemed thrilled on Twitter when he said, and I quote, “Maria!!!! Nadia!!! Medals!! and Me!! Hahahaah!” The tweet also includes the picture that you can see to your right.
Nadia, by the way, is Nadia Petrova, Maria’s tennis partner in the Olympic Games.
Ovechkin went on to tweet, “Thats my prize for Olympic games…we going back to Moscow. We gonna have a gr8 time there!!!hhaahah!!bronzeeeeee”
To paraphrase Kellie Cowan of CSN Washington, you can tell he’s particularly happy based on the number of excess exclamation points and vowels used.
In all seriousness, congratulations are in order to Maria Kirilenko and Nadia Petrova, and Ovechkin is euphoria is certainly justified.
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 0
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 20
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 32
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 16
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 10
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 25
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 98
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 38
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (73)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)