Aug 5, 2012, 11:06 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin knows what it’s like to participate in the Olympics only to leave empty handed, so maybe he can appreciate his girlfriend’s, Maria Kirilenko, bronze medal showing in the 2012 Summer Olympics just a little bit more than most people.
Ovechkin certainly seemed thrilled on Twitter when he said, and I quote, “Maria!!!! Nadia!!! Medals!! and Me!! Hahahaah!” The tweet also includes the picture that you can see to your right.
Nadia, by the way, is Nadia Petrova, Maria’s tennis partner in the Olympic Games.
Ovechkin went on to tweet, “Thats my prize for Olympic games…we going back to Moscow. We gonna have a gr8 time there!!!hhaahah!!bronzeeeeee”
To paraphrase Kellie Cowan of CSN Washington, you can tell he’s particularly happy based on the number of excess exclamation points and vowels used.
In all seriousness, congratulations are in order to Maria Kirilenko and Nadia Petrova, and Ovechkin is euphoria is certainly justified.
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 0
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 1
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 19
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 12
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 22
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 32
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 45
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles