Aug 5, 2012, 11:06 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin knows what it’s like to participate in the Olympics only to leave empty handed, so maybe he can appreciate his girlfriend’s, Maria Kirilenko, bronze medal showing in the 2012 Summer Olympics just a little bit more than most people.
Ovechkin certainly seemed thrilled on Twitter when he said, and I quote, “Maria!!!! Nadia!!! Medals!! and Me!! Hahahaah!” The tweet also includes the picture that you can see to your right.
Nadia, by the way, is Nadia Petrova, Maria’s tennis partner in the Olympic Games.
Ovechkin went on to tweet, “Thats my prize for Olympic games…we going back to Moscow. We gonna have a gr8 time there!!!hhaahah!!bronzeeeeee”
To paraphrase Kellie Cowan of CSN Washington, you can tell he’s particularly happy based on the number of excess exclamation points and vowels used.
In all seriousness, congratulations are in order to Maria Kirilenko and Nadia Petrova, and Ovechkin is euphoria is certainly justified.
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 5
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 10
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 8
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)