Aug 5, 2012, 11:06 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin knows what it’s like to participate in the Olympics only to leave empty handed, so maybe he can appreciate his girlfriend’s, Maria Kirilenko, bronze medal showing in the 2012 Summer Olympics just a little bit more than most people.
Ovechkin certainly seemed thrilled on Twitter when he said, and I quote, “Maria!!!! Nadia!!! Medals!! and Me!! Hahahaah!” The tweet also includes the picture that you can see to your right.
Nadia, by the way, is Nadia Petrova, Maria’s tennis partner in the Olympic Games.
Ovechkin went on to tweet, “Thats my prize for Olympic games…we going back to Moscow. We gonna have a gr8 time there!!!hhaahah!!bronzeeeeee”
To paraphrase Kellie Cowan of CSN Washington, you can tell he’s particularly happy based on the number of excess exclamation points and vowels used.
In all seriousness, congratulations are in order to Maria Kirilenko and Nadia Petrova, and Ovechkin is euphoria is certainly justified.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 18
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 38
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 59
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 55
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)