Aug 4, 2012, 2:19 PM EDT
When you look back on Tampa Bay’s history of goaltenders, it’s a rather suspect list of guys who have come, gone, and not lived up to expectations.
After seeing Dwayne Roloson look every bit of 42 years-old last season, the time was now for GM Steve Yzerman to make a move for the future. There, he found Anders Lindback via trade with Nashville and for Yzerman, he has high hopes that he’ll be the man to lead them back to the postseason.
The issue with Lindback, however, is we’re not all that sure what we’ll see out of him. He’s spent two seasons in the NHL backing up Pekka Rinne and in that time he’s played just 38 games. His career numbers are average with a .914 save percentage and a 2.53 goals against average. Stats like that would’ve put him outside the top 20 in the NHL.
Cause for concern? Not necessarily.
He’s just 24 years-old and he’ll have a Lightning team coached by Guy Boucher in front of him that has a stronger defense than what they had last season. Perhaps Lindback will see stronger numbers with the infamous 1-3-1 defense in front of him. Then again, maybe he’ll turn out as well as other goaltending experiments have in the past.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 4
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 31
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)