Aug 4, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Michael Russo of The Star-Tribune caught up with Wild GM Chuck Fletcher and finds out all is quiet in St. Paul as they’re taking things easy while the NHL and NHLPA hash things out with a new CBA.
“Just let things play out. Let’s just see where we’re at before we start making moves. We’re deeper on defense, and up front, our depth is exceptional. We’re as deep as any team in the league up front. And we have really good depth in goal.”
Russo mentions how close the Wild are to the 50 contract limit and that smaller trades of players for draft picks might come later on, but aside from that, they’re not looking at doing anything else.
Yup, it’s been that kind of summer but after scoring the two biggest free agents of the summer, taking a bit of a break is more than allowed.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)