Aug 4, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Michael Russo of The Star-Tribune caught up with Wild GM Chuck Fletcher and finds out all is quiet in St. Paul as they’re taking things easy while the NHL and NHLPA hash things out with a new CBA.
“Just let things play out. Let’s just see where we’re at before we start making moves. We’re deeper on defense, and up front, our depth is exceptional. We’re as deep as any team in the league up front. And we have really good depth in goal.”
Russo mentions how close the Wild are to the 50 contract limit and that smaller trades of players for draft picks might come later on, but aside from that, they’re not looking at doing anything else.
Yup, it’s been that kind of summer but after scoring the two biggest free agents of the summer, taking a bit of a break is more than allowed.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)