Aug 4, 2012, 12:27 PM EST
Michael Russo of The Star-Tribune caught up with Wild GM Chuck Fletcher and finds out all is quiet in St. Paul as they’re taking things easy while the NHL and NHLPA hash things out with a new CBA.
“Just let things play out. Let’s just see where we’re at before we start making moves. We’re deeper on defense, and up front, our depth is exceptional. We’re as deep as any team in the league up front. And we have really good depth in goal.”
Russo mentions how close the Wild are to the 50 contract limit and that smaller trades of players for draft picks might come later on, but aside from that, they’re not looking at doing anything else.
Yup, it’s been that kind of summer but after scoring the two biggest free agents of the summer, taking a bit of a break is more than allowed.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)