Aug 4, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Michael Russo of The Star-Tribune caught up with Wild GM Chuck Fletcher and finds out all is quiet in St. Paul as they’re taking things easy while the NHL and NHLPA hash things out with a new CBA.
“Just let things play out. Let’s just see where we’re at before we start making moves. We’re deeper on defense, and up front, our depth is exceptional. We’re as deep as any team in the league up front. And we have really good depth in goal.”
Russo mentions how close the Wild are to the 50 contract limit and that smaller trades of players for draft picks might come later on, but aside from that, they’re not looking at doing anything else.
Yup, it’s been that kind of summer but after scoring the two biggest free agents of the summer, taking a bit of a break is more than allowed.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 7
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 3
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 3
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)