Aug 4, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Michael Russo of The Star-Tribune caught up with Wild GM Chuck Fletcher and finds out all is quiet in St. Paul as they’re taking things easy while the NHL and NHLPA hash things out with a new CBA.
“Just let things play out. Let’s just see where we’re at before we start making moves. We’re deeper on defense, and up front, our depth is exceptional. We’re as deep as any team in the league up front. And we have really good depth in goal.”
Russo mentions how close the Wild are to the 50 contract limit and that smaller trades of players for draft picks might come later on, but aside from that, they’re not looking at doing anything else.
Yup, it’s been that kind of summer but after scoring the two biggest free agents of the summer, taking a bit of a break is more than allowed.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9