Aug 3, 2012, 4:03 PM EDT
The Kings aren’t the only team locking up their first-round pick today.
Toronto announced the signing of 2012 fifth overall selection Morgan Rielly to his three-year entry-level deal. At 6’1″ 200 pounds, the Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL) defenseman helps restock Toronto’s cupboard of prospect blue liners.
He made for an intriguing pick so high by the Leafs because he missed most of the 2011-12 season with a knee injury. At 18 years-old, expect to see Rielly back with Moose Jaw next season and for the Leafs to not rush him to the NHL. That could mean, however, that we see a nine-game audition from him early on to see what he might be all about before he goes back to juniors.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 2
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 28
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (143)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)