Aug 3, 2012, 11:20 AM EST
After spending his entire career to this point in Columbus, Rick Nash is saying farewell to the city the way athletes can best get the word out: With a full-page newspaper ad.
Nash posted his ad in The Columbus Dispatch with a letter thanking the fans for their support.
“Dear Blue Jackets Fans,
Thank you for the unwavering support you’ve shown me over the past nine seasons.
I am so fortunate to have had the chance to call Columbus home and to say proudly I am from the Buckeye state.
Thanks for the memories. Thanks for everything.
Sweet, touching, and to the point. Now Nash will have to hope that small-town charm can play big in New York City with the Rangers.
(tweet photo courtesy of @NatalieKTaylor)
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35