Aug 3, 2012, 11:20 AM EDT
After spending his entire career to this point in Columbus, Rick Nash is saying farewell to the city the way athletes can best get the word out: With a full-page newspaper ad.
Nash posted his ad in The Columbus Dispatch with a letter thanking the fans for their support.
“Dear Blue Jackets Fans,
Thank you for the unwavering support you’ve shown me over the past nine seasons.
I am so fortunate to have had the chance to call Columbus home and to say proudly I am from the Buckeye state.
Thanks for the memories. Thanks for everything.
Sweet, touching, and to the point. Now Nash will have to hope that small-town charm can play big in New York City with the Rangers.
(tweet photo courtesy of @NatalieKTaylor)
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 0
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 24
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)