Aug 3, 2012, 4:48 PM EST
The world’s most interesting free agent has another suitor and they think they’re one of the better fits.
According to the source, the Sharks, who are generally very tight-lipped about personnel decisions, have flown “under the radar” in their pursuit of Doan.
At 35 years-old, Doan getting an offer like that would mean his cap hit would stay on a team’s books until the end of the deal no matter what under the current CBA. Of course, his first option is to stay with the Coyotes but that is more up to Greg Jamison to close his deal to buy the team, something that’s come under a bit of scrutiny lately.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8