Aug 3, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
The world’s most interesting free agent has another suitor and they think they’re one of the better fits.
According to the source, the Sharks, who are generally very tight-lipped about personnel decisions, have flown “under the radar” in their pursuit of Doan.
At 35 years-old, Doan getting an offer like that would mean his cap hit would stay on a team’s books until the end of the deal no matter what under the current CBA. Of course, his first option is to stay with the Coyotes but that is more up to Greg Jamison to close his deal to buy the team, something that’s come under a bit of scrutiny lately.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 6
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22