Aug 3, 2012, 4:48 PM EDT
The world’s most interesting free agent has another suitor and they think they’re one of the better fits.
According to the source, the Sharks, who are generally very tight-lipped about personnel decisions, have flown “under the radar” in their pursuit of Doan.
At 35 years-old, Doan getting an offer like that would mean his cap hit would stay on a team’s books until the end of the deal no matter what under the current CBA. Of course, his first option is to stay with the Coyotes but that is more up to Greg Jamison to close his deal to buy the team, something that’s come under a bit of scrutiny lately.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63