Aug 3, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
Poile thinks the door is open for Doan, even if he’s not taking a tour of Tennessee.
“Based on the conversations we’ve had, he is very comfortable with the city and knows a lot about it,” Poile said. “He knows some of our guys very well and feels very comfortable about it. His agent knows the city quite well. His agent represents baseball players and some of his clients live here.”
Poile didn’t add “Doan probably got to know the area especially well while the Phoenix Coyotes spoiled our playoff hopes,” though.
Poile also didn’t discuss Doan’s contract demands. Signing the power forward to a four-year contract in the neighborhood of $30 million might be a challenge after matching Shea Weber‘s offer sheet, after all.
There’s nothing wrong with at least claiming that the Predators have some interest, though.
It’s also quiet fashionable, as you can see in the links below.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 4
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39