Aug 3, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
Poile thinks the door is open for Doan, even if he’s not taking a tour of Tennessee.
“Based on the conversations we’ve had, he is very comfortable with the city and knows a lot about it,” Poile said. “He knows some of our guys very well and feels very comfortable about it. His agent knows the city quite well. His agent represents baseball players and some of his clients live here.”
Poile didn’t add “Doan probably got to know the area especially well while the Phoenix Coyotes spoiled our playoff hopes,” though.
Poile also didn’t discuss Doan’s contract demands. Signing the power forward to a four-year contract in the neighborhood of $30 million might be a challenge after matching Shea Weber‘s offer sheet, after all.
There’s nothing wrong with at least claiming that the Predators have some interest, though.
It’s also quiet fashionable, as you can see in the links below.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11