Aug 3, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
Poile thinks the door is open for Doan, even if he’s not taking a tour of Tennessee.
“Based on the conversations we’ve had, he is very comfortable with the city and knows a lot about it,” Poile said. “He knows some of our guys very well and feels very comfortable about it. His agent knows the city quite well. His agent represents baseball players and some of his clients live here.”
Poile didn’t add “Doan probably got to know the area especially well while the Phoenix Coyotes spoiled our playoff hopes,” though.
Poile also didn’t discuss Doan’s contract demands. Signing the power forward to a four-year contract in the neighborhood of $30 million might be a challenge after matching Shea Weber‘s offer sheet, after all.
There’s nothing wrong with at least claiming that the Predators have some interest, though.
It’s also quiet fashionable, as you can see in the links below.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)