Aug 3, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
Poile thinks the door is open for Doan, even if he’s not taking a tour of Tennessee.
“Based on the conversations we’ve had, he is very comfortable with the city and knows a lot about it,” Poile said. “He knows some of our guys very well and feels very comfortable about it. His agent knows the city quite well. His agent represents baseball players and some of his clients live here.”
Poile didn’t add “Doan probably got to know the area especially well while the Phoenix Coyotes spoiled our playoff hopes,” though.
Poile also didn’t discuss Doan’s contract demands. Signing the power forward to a four-year contract in the neighborhood of $30 million might be a challenge after matching Shea Weber‘s offer sheet, after all.
There’s nothing wrong with at least claiming that the Predators have some interest, though.
It’s also quiet fashionable, as you can see in the links below.
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 17
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)