Aug 3, 2012, 6:40 PM EDT
Poile thinks the door is open for Doan, even if he’s not taking a tour of Tennessee.
“Based on the conversations we’ve had, he is very comfortable with the city and knows a lot about it,” Poile said. “He knows some of our guys very well and feels very comfortable about it. His agent knows the city quite well. His agent represents baseball players and some of his clients live here.”
Poile didn’t add “Doan probably got to know the area especially well while the Phoenix Coyotes spoiled our playoff hopes,” though.
Poile also didn’t discuss Doan’s contract demands. Signing the power forward to a four-year contract in the neighborhood of $30 million might be a challenge after matching Shea Weber‘s offer sheet, after all.
There’s nothing wrong with at least claiming that the Predators have some interest, though.
It’s also quiet fashionable, as you can see in the links below.
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 0
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 23
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 18
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13