Aug 3, 2012, 1:08 PM EDT
That’s two former MVPs and a tw0-time Rocket Richard Trophy winner. Meanwhile, Eriksson has been to one All-Star Game and hasn’t won an NHL award for himself.
To say Eriksson is underrated would be true, although that may not be the case much longer. He’s scored 36 goals in a season (back in 2008-09) and his point scoring exploits are rare these days. When you factor in that he’s also the Stars’ top penalty killer and is a shorthanded threat… Where’s the love and adulation?
Unfortunately for Eriksson, he’s been a virtual one-man force for the Stars.
For Eriksson to start getting noticed more it’ll take more than Lady Byng Trophy nominations and All-Star Game appearances (well, more than one anyhow), it’ll take a run in the playoffs to make it happen. Dallas hasn’t been to the postseason since losing in the Western Conference finals in 2008.
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 0
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 7
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 23
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)