Aug 3, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From July 16 until Aug. 14, we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Friday’s team is the Dallas Stars.
Following their fourth straight campaign without a playoff birth, the Dallas Stars made some major changes this summer. They dealt Ribeiro, Steve Ott, and Adam Pardy in a pair of trades and got back Cody Eakin and Derek Roy.
They also opened their checkbook to get Jaromir Jagr and Ray Whitney. The result is a pretty impressive core of forwards, but according to one online gambling site, the odds of them winning the Stanley Cup actually declined over the summer.
Perhaps it’s because Roy will likely miss the start of the season after undergoing shoulder surgery. It would also be reasonable to ask how Jagr and Whitney will perform at the age of 40.
Will the Dallas Stars’ latest additions propel them to the playoffs or will they once again fall short? Check back in throughout the day for more coverage of the Stars.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 24
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 39
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 23
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51