Aug 3, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Welcome to our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From July 16 until Aug. 14, we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Friday’s team is the Dallas Stars.
Following their fourth straight campaign without a playoff birth, the Dallas Stars made some major changes this summer. They dealt Ribeiro, Steve Ott, and Adam Pardy in a pair of trades and got back Cody Eakin and Derek Roy.
They also opened their checkbook to get Jaromir Jagr and Ray Whitney. The result is a pretty impressive core of forwards, but according to one online gambling site, the odds of them winning the Stanley Cup actually declined over the summer.
Perhaps it’s because Roy will likely miss the start of the season after undergoing shoulder surgery. It would also be reasonable to ask how Jagr and Whitney will perform at the age of 40.
Will the Dallas Stars’ latest additions propel them to the playoffs or will they once again fall short? Check back in throughout the day for more coverage of the Stars.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)