Aug 3, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Welcome to our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From July 16 until Aug. 14, we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Friday’s team is the Dallas Stars.
Following their fourth straight campaign without a playoff birth, the Dallas Stars made some major changes this summer. They dealt Ribeiro, Steve Ott, and Adam Pardy in a pair of trades and got back Cody Eakin and Derek Roy.
They also opened their checkbook to get Jaromir Jagr and Ray Whitney. The result is a pretty impressive core of forwards, but according to one online gambling site, the odds of them winning the Stanley Cup actually declined over the summer.
Perhaps it’s because Roy will likely miss the start of the season after undergoing shoulder surgery. It would also be reasonable to ask how Jagr and Whitney will perform at the age of 40.
Will the Dallas Stars’ latest additions propel them to the playoffs or will they once again fall short? Check back in throughout the day for more coverage of the Stars.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)