Aug 3, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Welcome to our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From July 16 until Aug. 14, we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Friday’s team is the Dallas Stars.
Following their fourth straight campaign without a playoff birth, the Dallas Stars made some major changes this summer. They dealt Ribeiro, Steve Ott, and Adam Pardy in a pair of trades and got back Cody Eakin and Derek Roy.
They also opened their checkbook to get Jaromir Jagr and Ray Whitney. The result is a pretty impressive core of forwards, but according to one online gambling site, the odds of them winning the Stanley Cup actually declined over the summer.
Perhaps it’s because Roy will likely miss the start of the season after undergoing shoulder surgery. It would also be reasonable to ask how Jagr and Whitney will perform at the age of 40.
Will the Dallas Stars’ latest additions propel them to the playoffs or will they once again fall short? Check back in throughout the day for more coverage of the Stars.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 149
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (149)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)