Aug 3, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From July 16 until Aug. 14, we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Friday’s team is the Dallas Stars.
Following their fourth straight campaign without a playoff birth, the Dallas Stars made some major changes this summer. They dealt Ribeiro, Steve Ott, and Adam Pardy in a pair of trades and got back Cody Eakin and Derek Roy.
They also opened their checkbook to get Jaromir Jagr and Ray Whitney. The result is a pretty impressive core of forwards, but according to one online gambling site, the odds of them winning the Stanley Cup actually declined over the summer.
Perhaps it’s because Roy will likely miss the start of the season after undergoing shoulder surgery. It would also be reasonable to ask how Jagr and Whitney will perform at the age of 40.
Will the Dallas Stars’ latest additions propel them to the playoffs or will they once again fall short? Check back in throughout the day for more coverage of the Stars.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)