Aug 2, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
Buffalo’s offseason hasn’t exactly been a splashy one, especially compared to last summer, but there’s still business ahead for GM Darcy Regier.
“We spoke with his agent yesterday and I think that will continue today,” Regier told the media today at First Niagara Center. “The positive is that it’s moving in the right direction.”
In just 48 games last season, Ennis had 15 goals and 19 assists. Factor that out over a full season and you’ve got one hell of an offensive performance. Ennis played himself into a leading role in Buffalo’s top six and if what he showed last year is what he’s capable of full-time, that’s big.
As for the world’s most interesting free agent, Regier says he’s got interest in Doan but doesn’t know if it’s reciprocal thanks to Doan’s desire to stay in Phoenix provided their ownership situation gets cleared up. If Doan is going to leave the Coyotes, however, Regier wants him to know he’d like to bring him to Western New York.
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 2
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 3
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 9
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 14
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)