Aug 2, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
Buffalo’s offseason hasn’t exactly been a splashy one, especially compared to last summer, but there’s still business ahead for GM Darcy Regier.
“We spoke with his agent yesterday and I think that will continue today,” Regier told the media today at First Niagara Center. “The positive is that it’s moving in the right direction.”
In just 48 games last season, Ennis had 15 goals and 19 assists. Factor that out over a full season and you’ve got one hell of an offensive performance. Ennis played himself into a leading role in Buffalo’s top six and if what he showed last year is what he’s capable of full-time, that’s big.
As for the world’s most interesting free agent, Regier says he’s got interest in Doan but doesn’t know if it’s reciprocal thanks to Doan’s desire to stay in Phoenix provided their ownership situation gets cleared up. If Doan is going to leave the Coyotes, however, Regier wants him to know he’d like to bring him to Western New York.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)