Aug 2, 2012, 4:47 PM EST
Buffalo’s offseason hasn’t exactly been a splashy one, especially compared to last summer, but there’s still business ahead for GM Darcy Regier.
“We spoke with his agent yesterday and I think that will continue today,” Regier told the media today at First Niagara Center. “The positive is that it’s moving in the right direction.”
In just 48 games last season, Ennis had 15 goals and 19 assists. Factor that out over a full season and you’ve got one hell of an offensive performance. Ennis played himself into a leading role in Buffalo’s top six and if what he showed last year is what he’s capable of full-time, that’s big.
As for the world’s most interesting free agent, Regier says he’s got interest in Doan but doesn’t know if it’s reciprocal thanks to Doan’s desire to stay in Phoenix provided their ownership situation gets cleared up. If Doan is going to leave the Coyotes, however, Regier wants him to know he’d like to bring him to Western New York.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)