Aug 2, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
Buffalo’s offseason hasn’t exactly been a splashy one, especially compared to last summer, but there’s still business ahead for GM Darcy Regier.
“We spoke with his agent yesterday and I think that will continue today,” Regier told the media today at First Niagara Center. “The positive is that it’s moving in the right direction.”
In just 48 games last season, Ennis had 15 goals and 19 assists. Factor that out over a full season and you’ve got one hell of an offensive performance. Ennis played himself into a leading role in Buffalo’s top six and if what he showed last year is what he’s capable of full-time, that’s big.
As for the world’s most interesting free agent, Regier says he’s got interest in Doan but doesn’t know if it’s reciprocal thanks to Doan’s desire to stay in Phoenix provided their ownership situation gets cleared up. If Doan is going to leave the Coyotes, however, Regier wants him to know he’d like to bring him to Western New York.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6