Aug 2, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
Buffalo’s offseason hasn’t exactly been a splashy one, especially compared to last summer, but there’s still business ahead for GM Darcy Regier.
“We spoke with his agent yesterday and I think that will continue today,” Regier told the media today at First Niagara Center. “The positive is that it’s moving in the right direction.”
In just 48 games last season, Ennis had 15 goals and 19 assists. Factor that out over a full season and you’ve got one hell of an offensive performance. Ennis played himself into a leading role in Buffalo’s top six and if what he showed last year is what he’s capable of full-time, that’s big.
As for the world’s most interesting free agent, Regier says he’s got interest in Doan but doesn’t know if it’s reciprocal thanks to Doan’s desire to stay in Phoenix provided their ownership situation gets cleared up. If Doan is going to leave the Coyotes, however, Regier wants him to know he’d like to bring him to Western New York.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)