Aug 2, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
We got a few tidbits of information to bring to your attention:
– Defenseman Dmitry Korobov has agreed to a two-year, two-way deal with the Tampa Bay Lightning, according to the team’s website.
Korobov had two goals and 20 points in 82 contests over three seasons with the KHL’s Minsk Dynamo. In 2011-12, he logged 18:52 minutes per game and ranked fourth on the team with a plus-12 rating.
Tampa Bay already has eight blueliners signed to one-way contracts and Korobov will probably begin his North American career in the minors.
– The Vancouver Canucks announced the signing of prospect Alexandre Mallet. He was taken by Vancouver with the 57th overall pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Mallet had 81 points and 132 penalty minutes in 68 games last season with Rimouski Oceanic of the QMJHL. Oceanic had the seventh seed, but still made it to the the President Cup Final, thanks in part to Mallet’s 25 points in 21 postseason contests.
– As the NHL.com reported, Larry Simmons has been promoted to the role of assistant GM with the Winnipeg Jets. He was previously an assistant to the general manager, which involved him helping both GM Kevin Cheveldayoff and assistant GM Craig Heisinger.
Simmons involvement with the franchise dates back to before the Atlanta Thrashers’ first game.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 3
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)