Aug 2, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
We got a few tidbits of information to bring to your attention:
– Defenseman Dmitry Korobov has agreed to a two-year, two-way deal with the Tampa Bay Lightning, according to the team’s website.
Korobov had two goals and 20 points in 82 contests over three seasons with the KHL’s Minsk Dynamo. In 2011-12, he logged 18:52 minutes per game and ranked fourth on the team with a plus-12 rating.
Tampa Bay already has eight blueliners signed to one-way contracts and Korobov will probably begin his North American career in the minors.
– The Vancouver Canucks announced the signing of prospect Alexandre Mallet. He was taken by Vancouver with the 57th overall pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Mallet had 81 points and 132 penalty minutes in 68 games last season with Rimouski Oceanic of the QMJHL. Oceanic had the seventh seed, but still made it to the the President Cup Final, thanks in part to Mallet’s 25 points in 21 postseason contests.
– As the NHL.com reported, Larry Simmons has been promoted to the role of assistant GM with the Winnipeg Jets. He was previously an assistant to the general manager, which involved him helping both GM Kevin Cheveldayoff and assistant GM Craig Heisinger.
Simmons involvement with the franchise dates back to before the Atlanta Thrashers’ first game.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 2
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 10
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)