Aug 2, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
We got a few tidbits of information to bring to your attention:
– Defenseman Dmitry Korobov has agreed to a two-year, two-way deal with the Tampa Bay Lightning, according to the team’s website.
Korobov had two goals and 20 points in 82 contests over three seasons with the KHL’s Minsk Dynamo. In 2011-12, he logged 18:52 minutes per game and ranked fourth on the team with a plus-12 rating.
Tampa Bay already has eight blueliners signed to one-way contracts and Korobov will probably begin his North American career in the minors.
– The Vancouver Canucks announced the signing of prospect Alexandre Mallet. He was taken by Vancouver with the 57th overall pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Mallet had 81 points and 132 penalty minutes in 68 games last season with Rimouski Oceanic of the QMJHL. Oceanic had the seventh seed, but still made it to the the President Cup Final, thanks in part to Mallet’s 25 points in 21 postseason contests.
– As the NHL.com reported, Larry Simmons has been promoted to the role of assistant GM with the Winnipeg Jets. He was previously an assistant to the general manager, which involved him helping both GM Kevin Cheveldayoff and assistant GM Craig Heisinger.
Simmons involvement with the franchise dates back to before the Atlanta Thrashers’ first game.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)