Aug 2, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
We got a few tidbits of information to bring to your attention:
– Defenseman Dmitry Korobov has agreed to a two-year, two-way deal with the Tampa Bay Lightning, according to the team’s website.
Korobov had two goals and 20 points in 82 contests over three seasons with the KHL’s Minsk Dynamo. In 2011-12, he logged 18:52 minutes per game and ranked fourth on the team with a plus-12 rating.
Tampa Bay already has eight blueliners signed to one-way contracts and Korobov will probably begin his North American career in the minors.
– The Vancouver Canucks announced the signing of prospect Alexandre Mallet. He was taken by Vancouver with the 57th overall pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Mallet had 81 points and 132 penalty minutes in 68 games last season with Rimouski Oceanic of the QMJHL. Oceanic had the seventh seed, but still made it to the the President Cup Final, thanks in part to Mallet’s 25 points in 21 postseason contests.
– As the NHL.com reported, Larry Simmons has been promoted to the role of assistant GM with the Winnipeg Jets. He was previously an assistant to the general manager, which involved him helping both GM Kevin Cheveldayoff and assistant GM Craig Heisinger.
Simmons involvement with the franchise dates back to before the Atlanta Thrashers’ first game.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 16
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 55
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 85
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (86)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control