Aug 2, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
We got a few tidbits of information to bring to your attention:
— Defenseman Dmitry Korobov has agreed to a two-year, two-way deal with the Tampa Bay Lightning, according to the team’s website.
Korobov had two goals and 20 points in 82 contests over three seasons with the KHL’s Minsk Dynamo. In 2011-12, he logged 18:52 minutes per game and ranked fourth on the team with a plus-12 rating.
Tampa Bay already has eight blueliners signed to one-way contracts and Korobov will probably begin his North American career in the minors.
— The Vancouver Canucks announced the signing of prospect Alexandre Mallet. He was taken by Vancouver with the 57th overall pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Mallet had 81 points and 132 penalty minutes in 68 games last season with Rimouski Oceanic of the QMJHL. Oceanic had the seventh seed, but still made it to the the President Cup Final, thanks in part to Mallet’s 25 points in 21 postseason contests.
— As the NHL.com reported, Larry Simmons has been promoted to the role of assistant GM with the Winnipeg Jets. He was previously an assistant to the general manager, which involved him helping both GM Kevin Cheveldayoff and assistant GM Craig Heisinger.
Simmons involvement with the franchise dates back to before the Atlanta Thrashers’ first game.
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 0
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 11
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 10
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 46
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (82)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)