Aug 2, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
After signing a three-year contract extension with the Sabres, Patrick Kaleta opened up a bit about what makes him tick. While you might dislike him for his iffy hits and on-ice theatrics, one thing you can appreciate about him though is his love of Legos.
Yes, the Sabres agitator is a big fan of the building blocks and Bill Hoppe of the Niagara Gazette finds out he likens them to his odd love of blocking shots.
“I like doing it, I like blocking shots, which you might find kind of weird, but I also like doing Legos,” said Kaleta, who still puts the plastic play sets together. “It’s a matter of changing my game and becoming more of a rounded person, taking more responsibility, and if I improve on that, I hope to have some minutes (again) like that this year, too.”
Still, the thought of Kaleta assembling a Lego Star Wars star destroyer when he goes to the ice to block a 95 mph slap shot is the type of mental image you can never get rid of. You’re welcome for that.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7