Aug 2, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
After signing a three-year contract extension with the Sabres, Patrick Kaleta opened up a bit about what makes him tick. While you might dislike him for his iffy hits and on-ice theatrics, one thing you can appreciate about him though is his love of Legos.
Yes, the Sabres agitator is a big fan of the building blocks and Bill Hoppe of the Niagara Gazette finds out he likens them to his odd love of blocking shots.
“I like doing it, I like blocking shots, which you might find kind of weird, but I also like doing Legos,” said Kaleta, who still puts the plastic play sets together. “It’s a matter of changing my game and becoming more of a rounded person, taking more responsibility, and if I improve on that, I hope to have some minutes (again) like that this year, too.”
Still, the thought of Kaleta assembling a Lego Star Wars star destroyer when he goes to the ice to block a 95 mph slap shot is the type of mental image you can never get rid of. You’re welcome for that.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22