Aug 2, 2012, 10:10 PM EDT
If you heard that and took it as a sign that Kesler might still be ready for the start of the season, you should hear what his agent, Kurt Overhardt had to say.
“It’s not happening,” Overhardt said. “He’s not ahead of schedule and there’s no rushing him back. He’s on course to return in December and he’s not returning until he’s 100 per cent. Don’t expect him until December.”
According to Canucks assistant GM Laurence Gilman, Kesler also underwent minor wrist surgery.
“He had been experiencing some mild discomfort and had some tendon issues that needed to be cleaned up,” Gilman said.
Although Gillis previously argued that Kesler had “no excuses” for his disappointing 2011-12 campaign, it’s not hard to buy into the idea that these injuries impacted his play.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22