Aug 1, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
While the Montreal Canadiens and RFA defenseman P.K. Subban are locked in contract negotiations, details of the Habs’ offer have started to come out.
According to TSN (by way of RDS), Montreal has offered Subban a two-year deal worth $5.5 million.
Reports suggest both sides are “still far apart” and that the Subban camp is looking for a contract with longer term.
While term is reportedly the sticking point, it’ll be interesting to see what money Subban ultimately agrees to. He just finished playing out a contract that paid $875,000 annually, so the proposed deal would be a significant raise.
Consider their comparables from last season:
Subban (23 years old): 81 games played, 7G-29A-36PTS, 24:18 average TOI
Carlson (22): 82 games played, 9G-23A-32PTS, 21:52 average TOI
Del Zotto (22): 77 games played, 10G-31A-41PTS, 22:26 average TOI
Might be case of each guy waiting for the other dominoes to fall before reaching a deal.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)