Aug 1, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
While the Montreal Canadiens and RFA defenseman P.K. Subban are locked in contract negotiations, details of the Habs’ offer have started to come out.
According to TSN (by way of RDS), Montreal has offered Subban a two-year deal worth $5.5 million.
Reports suggest both sides are “still far apart” and that the Subban camp is looking for a contract with longer term.
While term is reportedly the sticking point, it’ll be interesting to see what money Subban ultimately agrees to. He just finished playing out a contract that paid $875,000 annually, so the proposed deal would be a significant raise.
Consider their comparables from last season:
Subban (23 years old): 81 games played, 7G-29A-36PTS, 24:18 average TOI
Carlson (22): 82 games played, 9G-23A-32PTS, 21:52 average TOI
Del Zotto (22): 77 games played, 10G-31A-41PTS, 22:26 average TOI
Might be case of each guy waiting for the other dominoes to fall before reaching a deal.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)