Aug 1, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
While the Montreal Canadiens and RFA defenseman P.K. Subban are locked in contract negotiations, details of the Habs’ offer have started to come out.
According to TSN (by way of RDS), Montreal has offered Subban a two-year deal worth $5.5 million.
Reports suggest both sides are “still far apart” and that the Subban camp is looking for a contract with longer term.
While term is reportedly the sticking point, it’ll be interesting to see what money Subban ultimately agrees to. He just finished playing out a contract that paid $875,000 annually, so the proposed deal would be a significant raise.
Consider their comparables from last season:
Subban (23 years old): 81 games played, 7G-29A-36PTS, 24:18 average TOI
Carlson (22): 82 games played, 9G-23A-32PTS, 21:52 average TOI
Del Zotto (22): 77 games played, 10G-31A-41PTS, 22:26 average TOI
Might be case of each guy waiting for the other dominoes to fall before reaching a deal.
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 3
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 15
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 11
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 69
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 49
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (85)