Aug 1, 2012, 2:25 PM EDT
While the Montreal Canadiens and RFA defenseman P.K. Subban are locked in contract negotiations, details of the Habs’ offer have started to come out.
According to TSN (by way of RDS), Montreal has offered Subban a two-year deal worth $5.5 million.
Reports suggest both sides are “still far apart” and that the Subban camp is looking for a contract with longer term.
While term is reportedly the sticking point, it’ll be interesting to see what money Subban ultimately agrees to. He just finished playing out a contract that paid $875,000 annually, so the proposed deal would be a significant raise.
Consider their comparables from last season:
Subban (23 years old): 81 games played, 7G-29A-36PTS, 24:18 average TOI
Carlson (22): 82 games played, 9G-23A-32PTS, 21:52 average TOI
Del Zotto (22): 77 games played, 10G-31A-41PTS, 22:26 average TOI
Might be case of each guy waiting for the other dominoes to fall before reaching a deal.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)