Aug 1, 2012, 10:26 AM EST
It’s not surprising that Doan, 35, decided to visit given his ties to the area and organization. His wife, Andrea, is a native of nearby Kamloops — the same WHL city in which Doan played junior hockey and is now a part owner.
Doan is also familiar with Canucks assistant GM Laurence Gilman. Gilman was with the Winnipeg/Phoenix organization for 13 years prior to joining Vancouver in 2008 — Gilman also happens to be the Canucks’ chief negotiator of all player contracts.
Vancouver is Doan’s third stop of the summer, having already visited both the Philadepha Flyers and New York Rangers.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)