Aug 1, 2012, 10:26 AM EDT
It’s not surprising that Doan, 35, decided to visit given his ties to the area and organization. His wife, Andrea, is a native of nearby Kamloops — the same WHL city in which Doan played junior hockey and is now a part owner.
Doan is also familiar with Canucks assistant GM Laurence Gilman. Gilman was with the Winnipeg/Phoenix organization for 13 years prior to joining Vancouver in 2008 — Gilman also happens to be the Canucks’ chief negotiator of all player contracts.
Vancouver is Doan’s third stop of the summer, having already visited both the Philadepha Flyers and New York Rangers.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)