Aug 1, 2012, 10:26 AM EST
It’s not surprising that Doan, 35, decided to visit given his ties to the area and organization. His wife, Andrea, is a native of nearby Kamloops — the same WHL city in which Doan played junior hockey and is now a part owner.
Doan is also familiar with Canucks assistant GM Laurence Gilman. Gilman was with the Winnipeg/Phoenix organization for 13 years prior to joining Vancouver in 2008 — Gilman also happens to be the Canucks’ chief negotiator of all player contracts.
Vancouver is Doan’s third stop of the summer, having already visited both the Philadepha Flyers and New York Rangers.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)