Aug 1, 2012, 10:26 AM EDT
It’s not surprising that Doan, 35, decided to visit given his ties to the area and organization. His wife, Andrea, is a native of nearby Kamloops — the same WHL city in which Doan played junior hockey and is now a part owner.
Doan is also familiar with Canucks assistant GM Laurence Gilman. Gilman was with the Winnipeg/Phoenix organization for 13 years prior to joining Vancouver in 2008 — Gilman also happens to be the Canucks’ chief negotiator of all player contracts.
Vancouver is Doan’s third stop of the summer, having already visited both the Philadepha Flyers and New York Rangers.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 23
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 32
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 16
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 30
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)