Aug 1, 2012, 10:26 AM EDT
It’s not surprising that Doan, 35, decided to visit given his ties to the area and organization. His wife, Andrea, is a native of nearby Kamloops — the same WHL city in which Doan played junior hockey and is now a part owner.
Doan is also familiar with Canucks assistant GM Laurence Gilman. Gilman was with the Winnipeg/Phoenix organization for 13 years prior to joining Vancouver in 2008 — Gilman also happens to be the Canucks’ chief negotiator of all player contracts.
Vancouver is Doan’s third stop of the summer, having already visited both the Philadepha Flyers and New York Rangers.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 20
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 13
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 37
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)