Aug 1, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From July 16 until Aug. 14, we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Today, that squad is the Los Angeles Kings.
There’s not much to be said in introducing the Kings, as actions speak louder than words. They’re just weeks removed from a dominant romp through the playoffs that culminated with a Stanley Cup finals victory over the New Jersey Devils — the first time the Kings had ever raised Lord Stanley’s mug.
Personnel-wise, the team will remain largely unchanged from last year and aside from the Davis Payne-for-Jamie Kompon switch behind the bench, the front office and hockey ops will remain the same as well.
So, what can we expect from L.A. in 2012-13? Stick around PHT throughout the day as we analyze a team looking to repeat as Stanley Cup champions for the first time in 15 years.
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 3
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 6
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 8
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)