Aug 1, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From July 16 until Aug. 14, we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Today, that squad is the Los Angeles Kings.
There’s not much to be said in introducing the Kings, as actions speak louder than words. They’re just weeks removed from a dominant romp through the playoffs that culminated with a Stanley Cup finals victory over the New Jersey Devils — the first time the Kings had ever raised Lord Stanley’s mug.
Personnel-wise, the team will remain largely unchanged from last year and aside from the Davis Payne-for-Jamie Kompon switch behind the bench, the front office and hockey ops will remain the same as well.
So, what can we expect from L.A. in 2012-13? Stick around PHT throughout the day as we analyze a team looking to repeat as Stanley Cup champions for the first time in 15 years.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)