Aug 1, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From July 16 until Aug. 14, we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Today, that squad is the Los Angeles Kings.
There’s not much to be said in introducing the Kings, as actions speak louder than words. They’re just weeks removed from a dominant romp through the playoffs that culminated with a Stanley Cup finals victory over the New Jersey Devils — the first time the Kings had ever raised Lord Stanley’s mug.
Personnel-wise, the team will remain largely unchanged from last year and aside from the Davis Payne-for-Jamie Kompon switch behind the bench, the front office and hockey ops will remain the same as well.
So, what can we expect from L.A. in 2012-13? Stick around PHT throughout the day as we analyze a team looking to repeat as Stanley Cup champions for the first time in 15 years.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 6
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)