Aug 1, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From July 16 until Aug. 14, we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Today, that squad is the Los Angeles Kings.
There’s not much to be said in introducing the Kings, as actions speak louder than words. They’re just weeks removed from a dominant romp through the playoffs that culminated with a Stanley Cup finals victory over the New Jersey Devils — the first time the Kings had ever raised Lord Stanley’s mug.
Personnel-wise, the team will remain largely unchanged from last year and aside from the Davis Payne-for-Jamie Kompon switch behind the bench, the front office and hockey ops will remain the same as well.
So, what can we expect from L.A. in 2012-13? Stick around PHT throughout the day as we analyze a team looking to repeat as Stanley Cup champions for the first time in 15 years.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 10
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 107
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (107)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)