Aug 1, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From July 16 until Aug. 14, we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Today, that squad is the Los Angeles Kings.
There’s not much to be said in introducing the Kings, as actions speak louder than words. They’re just weeks removed from a dominant romp through the playoffs that culminated with a Stanley Cup finals victory over the New Jersey Devils — the first time the Kings had ever raised Lord Stanley’s mug.
Personnel-wise, the team will remain largely unchanged from last year and aside from the Davis Payne-for-Jamie Kompon switch behind the bench, the front office and hockey ops will remain the same as well.
So, what can we expect from L.A. in 2012-13? Stick around PHT throughout the day as we analyze a team looking to repeat as Stanley Cup champions for the first time in 15 years.
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 34
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 153
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 49
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 57
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 50
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Spezza: ‘I’m just a piece to the puzzle’ in Dallas 32
- Ovechkin ‘upset’ at Grabovski departure, happy with defensive signings 18
- Washington Capitals were free agency’s biggest spenders 15
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (165)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (58)