Aug 1, 2012, 8:28 PM EDT
Dustin Brown cemented his status as one of the most prominent U.S.-born NHL players when he raised the Stanley Cup with the Los Angeles Kings.
If that wasn’t enough, though, he’ll “drop the green flag” at a NASCAR event on Aug. 12, according to The Post-Standard.
Ithaca native and Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown will be the honorary starter for the Finger Lakes 355 — the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen International on Aug. 12.
So, he’s essentially doing the racing equivalent to the ceremonial puck drop. Not bad.
It might be tough to top this moment, though:
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 21
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)