Aug 1, 2012, 8:28 PM EDT
Dustin Brown cemented his status as one of the most prominent U.S.-born NHL players when he raised the Stanley Cup with the Los Angeles Kings.
If that wasn’t enough, though, he’ll “drop the green flag” at a NASCAR event on Aug. 12, according to The Post-Standard.
Ithaca native and Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown will be the honorary starter for the Finger Lakes 355 — the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen International on Aug. 12.
So, he’s essentially doing the racing equivalent to the ceremonial puck drop. Not bad.
It might be tough to top this moment, though:
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 6
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 56
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)