Aug 1, 2012, 8:28 PM EST
Dustin Brown cemented his status as one of the most prominent U.S.-born NHL players when he raised the Stanley Cup with the Los Angeles Kings.
If that wasn’t enough, though, he’ll “drop the green flag” at a NASCAR event on Aug. 12, according to The Post-Standard.
Ithaca native and Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown will be the honorary starter for the Finger Lakes 355 — the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen International on Aug. 12.
So, he’s essentially doing the racing equivalent to the ceremonial puck drop. Not bad.
It might be tough to top this moment, though:
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)