Aug 1, 2012, 8:28 PM EDT
Dustin Brown cemented his status as one of the most prominent U.S.-born NHL players when he raised the Stanley Cup with the Los Angeles Kings.
If that wasn’t enough, though, he’ll “drop the green flag” at a NASCAR event on Aug. 12, according to The Post-Standard.
Ithaca native and Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown will be the honorary starter for the Finger Lakes 355 — the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen International on Aug. 12.
So, he’s essentially doing the racing equivalent to the ceremonial puck drop. Not bad.
It might be tough to top this moment, though:
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)