Aug 1, 2012, 8:28 PM EDT
Dustin Brown cemented his status as one of the most prominent U.S.-born NHL players when he raised the Stanley Cup with the Los Angeles Kings.
If that wasn’t enough, though, he’ll “drop the green flag” at a NASCAR event on Aug. 12, according to The Post-Standard.
Ithaca native and Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown will be the honorary starter for the Finger Lakes 355 — the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen International on Aug. 12.
So, he’s essentially doing the racing equivalent to the ceremonial puck drop. Not bad.
It might be tough to top this moment, though:
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)