Aug 1, 2012, 7:19 PM EST
The Colorado Avalanche went into this summer with a ton of free agent questions to answer and solved almost all of those riddles.
Still, there’s one rather important restricted free agent to re-sign: Ryan O’Reilly. Adrian Dater reports that the Avs and O’Reilly’s agent are expected to resume contract talks “in a week or two.”
The big question might just be: how much is O’Reilly really worth? He exploded last season with 18 goals and 55 points, crushing the 26 points he compiled in each of his first two campaigns.
While his teammates are headed to lunch or a post-game meal, O’Reilly is typically playing on-ice games by himself, running the arena stairs or throwing around a medicine ball. He is the epitome of a hard-working professional athlete who really cares.
Perhaps the two sides will determine how much his hard work is worth in a couple weeks, then.
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 3
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 10
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 11
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 41
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)