Aug 1, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche went into this summer with a ton of free agent questions to answer and solved almost all of those riddles.
Still, there’s one rather important restricted free agent to re-sign: Ryan O’Reilly. Adrian Dater reports that the Avs and O’Reilly’s agent are expected to resume contract talks “in a week or two.”
The big question might just be: how much is O’Reilly really worth? He exploded last season with 18 goals and 55 points, crushing the 26 points he compiled in each of his first two campaigns.
While his teammates are headed to lunch or a post-game meal, O’Reilly is typically playing on-ice games by himself, running the arena stairs or throwing around a medicine ball. He is the epitome of a hard-working professional athlete who really cares.
Perhaps the two sides will determine how much his hard work is worth in a couple weeks, then.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18