Aug 1, 2012, 7:19 PM EST
The Colorado Avalanche went into this summer with a ton of free agent questions to answer and solved almost all of those riddles.
Still, there’s one rather important restricted free agent to re-sign: Ryan O’Reilly. Adrian Dater reports that the Avs and O’Reilly’s agent are expected to resume contract talks “in a week or two.”
The big question might just be: how much is O’Reilly really worth? He exploded last season with 18 goals and 55 points, crushing the 26 points he compiled in each of his first two campaigns.
While his teammates are headed to lunch or a post-game meal, O’Reilly is typically playing on-ice games by himself, running the arena stairs or throwing around a medicine ball. He is the epitome of a hard-working professional athlete who really cares.
Perhaps the two sides will determine how much his hard work is worth in a couple weeks, then.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)